- Industry Financial Services
- Company Phone 4346778
- Contact Person Malcolm Fock Tave
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES/SEYCHELLES RESIDENTS WITH NO GOP REQUIREMENTS CAN APPLY FOR THIS POST
Position requires a solid knowledge of financial transactions and record keeping, and the understanding and ability to assist with other related functions/departments within the company.
General Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The individual must also have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a bookkeeper/accountant in an accounting firm or equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong commitment to honesty, integrity and attention to detail;
- Analytic, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks balancing against multiple priorities in a busy environment;
- Must be able to plan, schedule and execute overall operating responsibilities
- Advanced bookkeeping knowledge:
- General ledger maintenance
- Experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Reconciliations and checking account management
- Financial statement preparation (with outside accounting support)
- Experience with tax compliance
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient with Sage Pastel (or similar) and CQS CaseWare (or similar)
- Experience and competency with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc
- Ability to learn new software packages with training (courses, webinars)
- Knowledge of roles and duties of an I.C.S.P an advantage.
- Skill in dealing effectively, tactfully and courteously with staff, suppliers, and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are the core activities of the position:
- Management of the general ledger;
- Managing accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll;
- Creation of invoices, credit memos, cheques and electronic payments;
- Reconciliations of statements and checking account management;
- Regular financial statement (monthly and quarterly) preparation (with outside accounting support);
- Assist with clients’ requirements in Non-Banking Financial and Corporate services.
These are not to be construed as exclusive or all‐inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
This position reports both the Managing Director and Senior Bookkeeper.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree/Higher certification [current and/or in the works] accounting degree (or equivalent);
- Ability to create, read and interpret documents such as financial, investment and accounting reports;
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and other standard accounting ratios in addition to taking books from entry to Annual Financial Statements.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one‐on‐one situations and small groups of employees, managers, lending agents and vendors.
Remuneration commensurate to experience and position.
How To Apply
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.