- Industry Financial Services
- Company Phone +248 4346800
- Contact Person Head of Operations
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES/SEYCHELLES RESIDENTS WITH NO GOP REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POST
We are looking for an organized and driven individual to join our growing team. The individual will work closely with management and other key personnel to handle day-to-day book-keeping, accounts management, financial and tax reporting. The ideal candidate is required to have a strong knowledge of financial transactions and record keeping, as well as the ability to assist with other related functions/departments within the company.
Organizational Relationships: This position reports to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are the core activities of the position:
- Management of the general ledger;
- Managing accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll;
- Creation of invoices, credit memos, cheques and electronic payments;
- Reconciliations of statements and checking account management;
- Regular financial statement (monthly and quarterly) preparation (with outside accounting support);
- Coordination and completion of annual audits;
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions;
- Prepare budget forecasts;
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
These are not to be construed as exclusive or all‐inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Remuneration commensurate to experience and position.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong commitment to honesty, integrity, confidentiality and attention to details;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks balancing against multiple priorities in a busy environment;
- Must be a team player with ability to work independently when required;
- Advanced bookkeeping knowledge:
- General ledger maintenance
- Experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Reconciliations and checking account management
- Financial statement preparation (with outside accounting support)
- Experience with tax compliance
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient with Sage Pastel (or similar) and CQS CaseWare (or similar)
- Experience and competency with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc)
- Ability to learn new software packages with training (courses, webinars)
- Ability to create, read and interpret documents such as financial, investment and accounting reports;
- Knowledge of the capital markets is an advantage but is not mandatory.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree/Higher certification in accounting or its equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in accounting, tax or finance;
- Experience with financial reporting requirements;
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus.
How To Apply
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.