- Industry Government
- Company Phone +248 432 6200
Starting date: 01 January 2020
Duration: 24 months, extension possible
Location: Victoria, Seychelles
Job Type: Full time (40 hours/week)
Applicability: Seychellois National
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for the International Secretariat of the Fisheries Transparency Initiative (FiTI). The Assistant will report to the Director of the International Secretariat and will assist in a range of functions.
- Performing administrative functions for the Director of the International Secretariat, including the following: screening and handling of telephone calls; scheduling meetings, preparing appointments
- Tracking of internal deadlines and milestones, including the management of the FiTIs internal calendar
- Supporting the drafting, translating (English to French) and proofreading of correspondence and documents
- Organising travel arrangements for the Director and others, as needed
- Processing business expense reports, contractual arrangements, requests and invoices
- Supporting in the preparation of donor financial reporting
- Organising the logistical preparations of FiTI International Board meetings and other relevant events
- Maintaining the FiTIs global contact database and membership base
- Undertaking other related tasks as assigned by the Director of the FiTI International Secretariat
- Graduate degree in Economics or Statistics, Finance, Resource Economics, Management or closely related field.
- Five years of experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role
- Experience working in an international setting would be a plus
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Proven capacity to draft communication material and concept papers at a high level (in English and in French)
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills ;
- Strong computer and internet skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and other commonly used software
- Displays maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
- Strong motivation and flexibility to work for a young, ambitious international initiative
- Work independently with limited supervision and deliver high quality product
- Fluency, including reading and writing, in English and French required
- Competitive remuneration, based on qualifications and experience
- Be part of a friendly and highly-motivated team willing to make a difference for sustainable fisheries
- Unique occasion to contribute to developing a global, impactful initiative
- No travel required
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter (in English) explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the position with details of expected salary and start date by email to [email protected]
Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The deadline for application is 30th August 2019.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we will only be able to contact candidates who are shortlisted for an interview.