- Industry Government Organisation
- Company Phone +248 429 4992
- Contact Person Human Resources Department
- Seychellois only Yes
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES CAN APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The Seychelles Revenue Commission (SRC) seeks to attract and recruit a suitably qualified candidate to occupy the position of Assistant Commissioner for its Tax Division.
The post holder will report to the Commissioner General of SRC and will have the overall responsibility for the management of the Tax Division. He / She should have strong stakeholder management experience, effective team management, be motivated with results-oriented leadership, be a team player and promoter of positive staff morale, and able to pay attention to details. If you are the ideal candidate and interested in working in a challenging and inspiring environment, apply today!
To manage the overall functions of the Tax Division, which includes:
- Overall management of the Division in keeping with the Commission’s vision and strategic plans and contribute towards the development of the said strategies and action plans;
- Provide guidance / training on technical queries and assist the staff and general public on the interpretation of the various legislations in place;
- Monitor overall taxpayer compliance including the filing of regulatory documents;
- Ensure the dissemination of correct information to taxpayers and the staff and in a timely manner;
- Monitor performance of the Division (including registration, processing of returns & audits, revenue collection, and debt enforcement) and meet with Section heads periodically;
- Liaise with Tax Agents and other external stakeholders on tax related matters;
- Attend policy meetings with Government Ministries and provide input to policy papers being drafted;
- Keep abreast with national and international policy changes that may impact on the Tax legislations administered by SRC and more specifically the Tax Division
- Act as the primary spokesperson for Tax Division in the media as and when the need arises;
- Representing the SRC and, as required, the Government of Seychelles at local, regional and international fora.
Salary Band 11, Step 10 plus allowances depending on qualification and experience.
- Masters in Taxation or any business related field plus ten years relevant working experience at Senior Management level; or
- Postgraduate studies Taxation or any business related field or ACCA Level 3 plus twelve years relevant working experience at Senior Management level; or
- Degree in Taxation or any business related field or ACCA Level 2 plus fifteen years relevant working experience at Senior Management level.
- The incumbent is required to have a comprehensive knowledge of Seychelles tax system and familiarity with the Tax Laws, Regulations, Tax Treaties and Trade Agreements administered by the SRC and the relationships that these legislative instruments have with the various programs administered by the SRC.
- Extensive knowledge of Audit Procedures, Recovery Processes, Financial Instruction, Public Service Orders and Regulations and on International Taxation matters.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, communicate clearly and effectively and address / solve issues without undue delay, to accomplish work objectives in compliance with procedural, administrative and technical requirements prescribed by the various laws and regulations administered by the SRC.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a large team and provide administrative direction in all aspects of the SRC’s work while ensuring quality of output and technical soundness.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or are required to forward an application and motivation letter, up dated CV, references, and a passport size photograph to the following address:
Seychelles Revenue Commission
3rd Floor, Maison Collet Building
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants in need of any advice when completing their application, please contact our Human Resources Department on +248 4294992
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.