- Industry Tourism
- Company Phone +248 428 8888
- Contact Person Human Resources Department
Load and unload customer baggage to and from the airport area, Jetties, and Hotels and other areas when required in a safe and efficient manner. Conduct duties in a safe and appropriate manner as per company procedures and in conformance with regulatory standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Loads & Unloads baggage of arriving and departing passengers in a timely manner to ensure there are no delays.
- Take suitcases and bags from arriving and departing passengers and, where applicable, tag them and provide customer identification slips
- Utilizes best practices for baggage handling to reduce the likelihood of damage
- Documents incidents of damage to baggages and reports them as needed.
- Direct and interact with clients in the delivery processes of their baggage
- Protect customers baggage and their items from theft, loss and damage
- Perform baggage handling procedures including paperwork and documentation
- Assist in directing passengers to allocated transfer vehicles
- Safe and accurate loading and unloading of vehicles in accordance with company procedures and in conformance with regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations- wear company allocated personal protective gear (PPE) while on duty for its intended purpose
- Conduct any other related duties as assigned by AOM and/or his deputies.
Responsible to: Assistant Operations Manager (When on shift to the Transport Supervisor)
Remuneration can be negotiated based upon experience and qualifications.
- Induction Training
- On-the-job Training
- ISO 9001-2008 Awareness Training
Post secondary level of education.
Preferably some experience in a similar position
Other Skills and requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to communicate in English.
- Good numeracy skills
- Customer service orientated approach
- Good time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Safety conscious attitude
- Pleasant personality, people oriented with a good team spirit.
- Must be able and prepared to work shift hours including weekends and public holidays
- Good physical fitness
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or forward your CV with covering letter to:
Human Resources Department, Mason’s Travel (Pty) Ltd, PO Box 459, Revolution Avenue, Victoria, OR by e-mail to: recrui[email protected]
Our Team will respond to shortlisted candidates only.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.