- Industry Hotels & Resorts
THIS IS A G.O POST (see definition below)
- Flexible, agile
- Good inter-personal skills
- Organize production within the framework of the defined menu plans and take corrective actions to be in compliance with the standards if necessary
- Develop and supervise preparations with your team.
- Ensure that the buffets are set up under the required conditions of time, emphasis, taste and temperature
- Ensure the supply and proper maintenance of bakery and pastry buffets
- Personalize service and customer relationship.
- Determine, receive and control the exits of the economat and manage the rotation of the goods
- Apply and control compliance with the HACCP method and the health and safety rules of its activity; take corrective action if necessary
- Respect and control the application of the rules of physical hygiene and clothing of his team
- Ensure the maintenance and preservation of premises and equipment
- Be a source of proposals in the budget construction of your department. (Humans, materials, consumables).
- Ensure the reception, implementation and integration of GO/GEs in your department
- Define personal objectives and support his team or its affiliates, and evaluate them
- Supervise and lead in a transversal logic
- Implement and comply with HR procedures and have them validated by your own manager
- Be exemplary through his visibility among teams and customers
- Ensure good social climate in your department (special attention on the staff restaurant, organization of meetings for feedback,…)
What are you waiting for? Pack your bags!
Type of Employment – Permanent/Full Time or Temporary Contract
Meals and accomodation with no flat-rate contribution
- Language – English required, French appreciated
- Certificate in Food Production and Culinary Art
- Experience of 1 to 2 years desired in the function in a 4 to 5* hotel
How to Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or please go to http://resourcemanagerplatinum-163d-164037d65ce.force.com/cxsrec__cxsSearchApply?positionId=a0w0X00000DptFf&utm_source=Jobo&lang=en
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.
ORGANISATION OF OUR VILLAGES
What is a village?
The village is a unique place, located in splendid sites which, beside accommodation and catering, offer various attractions: entertainment, well-being, sport… To provide all these services, in all seasons, each village is organised so that everyone can express their talent within a well-defined and secured framework.
Around a village manager, a team of department managers consists of a financial manager, an HR manager, a technical manager, a hospitality manager and a leisure manager. All of these 5 functions are called the G.5.
The existence of these positions varies according to the size of the village and services provided. In certain villages, if hospitality and/or leisure manager positions do not exist, service managers report directly to the village manager.
What is the role of the village manager?
He/she is the boss at the village, a unique character. A real orchestrator, he/she is responsible for the life and atmosphere of the village. His/her experience, organisational and communication qualities make him/her a manager and charismatic leader who, at any moment, can inject additional soul: the festive spirit.
What is the role of a department manager?
Department managers are required to manage a team of G.Os and/or G.Es (the team can vary from 2 to 100 people) in a specific field and to optimise the organisation of their department. With the village manager, they weigh up and evaluate the skills of activity managers and of G.Os and G.Es.
What is the role of an activity manager?
Some department managers have a team of activity managers when their area groups together several specialist fields.
For example the sports manager can be backed up by a golf manager, sailing manager, etc. Their role is to manage their activity autonomously and efficiently..
What is a G.O?
The G.O or Gentil Organisateur is the Club Med employee. This name is a Club Med invention. It is unique. The G.O is the ambassador of the Club Med spirit and upholds the company’s 5 values: kindness, freedom, responsibility, pioneer, multiculturalism.
What is a G.E?
The G.E. or Gentil Employé is also a Club Med employee native to the country where the village is located. He or she is sedentary and has a different status from the G.O. G.Os and G.Es form the same team to work towards the same goal: satisfying the G.M. They do different but complementary professions.
What is a G.M?
The G.M or Gentil Membre is the customer of Club Med. G.Ms can be of all ages, single, in a couple or family. They come from all over the world looking for a little happiness in our magical villages where G.Os and G.Es work for them, without being their servants.