- Company Phone +248 430 3220
- Ensure effective management of the day-to-day affairs of the Commission
- Implement the strategic vision and objectives of the Commission
- Act as Secretary to the Commission
- Plan, organize and coordinate the work of the Commission, in preparation of Commission sittings or special meetings
- Coordinate and manage networking of the work of all Units of the Commission
- Oversee the management of the budget and staff of the Commission
- Recommend appropriate internal procedures for the operations of the Commission and ensure compliance with relevant laws of the jurisdiction;
- Manage the human resources of the Commission
- Create and maintain a conducive working environment where all staff feel respected and valued
- Prepare (in collaboration with all units of the Commission) and submit the approved Annual Report on the activities of the Commission, together with the audited Statement of Account, to the Minister
- Prepare (in collaboration with all units of the Commission) and submit the approved report to the President and National Assembly every six months on the activities of the Commission, the performance of its functions and the achievement of its objectives
- Co-operate with other bodies performing human rights functions in Seychelles and internationally and may, for that purpose, establish mechanisms for sharing information and working jointly with those bodies;
- Represent the Commission at meetings as and when required.
- Carry out special assignments as instructed by the Commission
- Any other duties as may be assigned the Commission
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Management or Administration, law or social or other relevant field
- Experience in managerial positions
- Excellent communication, analytical and reporting skills
- Committed to the promotion and protection of human rights and human dignity
- Ability to work constructively and respectfully with all population groups and across all levels of power.
- Working knowledge of Seychelles Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms and the Seychelles Human Rights Commission Act, as well as other human rights instruments would be an advantage.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or Send application letters and CVs to [email protected] or deliver at Bel Air Complex, Bel Air Road. All applications should be in by the 25th of September 2020
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.