- Industry Government
- Company Phone +248 429 4700
- Contact Person Human Resource Department
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organisation’s achievement of its strategic Vision, Mission and Objectives. The incumbent is expected to take a leadership role and manage the administrative and commercial undertakings of the Seychelles Ports Authority as stipulated in the Seychelles Ports Authority (SPA) Act 2004. Hence, a strong business acumen in the Port Sector is a prerequisite as well as conversant with local and international applicable Laws relating to the Port and Maritime Sector. The CEO should possess strong professional attributes towards excellent work ethos to achieve the strategic objectives of the Authority. The ideal candidate should also have a keen understanding of the emerging trends and challenges in the Ports and Maritime Industry.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies aligned with the SPA Mandate leading towards the realization of the Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Authority
- Guide and Lead the SPA Team in setting clear policies for effective and efficient operation of the Authority
- Ensure that SPA operates in compliance with all relevant Laws and Regulations
- Maintain strict oversight on the SPA overall financial regime to ensure strong revenue growth and effective investment strategy hence maximizing return on investment
- Ensure that SPA Human Resource remains at the centre of its development agenda, so that there is adequate and competent workforce to support its day to day operation and future requirements
- Lead the SPA Project and Infrastructure initiatives to ensure that Port facilities are conducive and responsive to emerging trends in the maritime industry
- Promote Health, Safety and Security in the Port Environment by providing the necessary mechanisms to mitigate security breach and health hazards which can impair the operational aspect of the Port
- Actively seek and encourage innovative business opportunities in Maritime and Port operations to maximize revenue streams of the authority
- Maintain a resilient operational standard for Port Victoria by ensuring that the necessary navigational machinery and equipments, encompassing tugs and pilot boats, meets the required standards, manned by highly qualified personnel
- Actively engage in regional and international forums and promote SPA as a strategic option for maritime trade and port services in the region.
- In depth understanding of the issues that the Ports & Maritime Transport Industry faces locally and globally
- Conversant in Ports and Maritime statutory laws, regulations and guidelines
- Strong Aptitude in Strategic Management, Financial Management, Business & Commercial Acumen, Human Resource Modelling, Effective Capital Funding & Resource Allocation
- Knowledge of good governance principles.
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a workforce of diverse professionals and technical Skills
- Ability to identify key issues in any situation and to think creatively and strategically in facing internal and external challenges
- Result driven and ability at multi-tasking to achieve different objectives in a dynamic and demanding Port & Maritime Sector
- Requires a strong ability to communicate and maintain a vibrant working relationship with a diverse number of stakeholders, upholding the Core Values of SPA and portraying a strong public Image of the Authority.
The Post comes with an Attractive Salary Package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field and/or equivalent experience in the Ports and Maritime Sector.
10-15 Years managerial experience in progressively more responsible positions including a demonstrated ability to lead and achieve goals & objectives.
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or may collect application forms at the Seychelles Ports Authority Main Office, at the Commercial Port or download from the Seychelles Ports Authority website: www.seyport.sc.
For more information you may contact our Human Resource Department on 4294700 or email [email protected]
All completed Application Forms including CV, Copy of Certificates and References should be submitted to the SPA Human Resource Department, addressed to the Chairman of the SPA Board of Directors.
Closing Date for application: The Seychelles Ports Authority is extending the closing date of the vacancy until the 01st March 2019. Please note that applications that have already been submitted will be processed alongside new applications.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.