- Industry Agritourism
- Company Phone +248 423 4240
L’Union Estate Company Ltd. (LUE) located on La Digue is seeking to recruit a suitably motivated, experienced and qualified person to lead the company as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
This is a full-time position and the CEO has responsibility for the overall management of the company’s diverse portfolio of operations which also includes farming, tourism, meat processing, retail, among others.
The CEO provides strategic leadership across the company, ensuring that the company expands and remains profitable through effective administration, planning, governance and internal controls.
The CEO works in close collaboration with the Board of Directors to deliver on the agreed mandates and adhere to good corporate governance principles as set out by the Public Enterprise Monitoring Commission (PEMC).
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and be responsible for all the operations of LUE and provide strategic directions;
- Devise and implement plans to achieve the goals laid down in the Strategic Plan, set performance expectations and evaluate performance outcomes;
- Manage LUE’s budget, lead the budgeting & financial planning process, ensure adequate monitoring of revenue and expenditures; prepare annual budgets for Board approval;
- Implement short, medium and long-term programmes to increase productivity in the agricultural (crop and livestock) operations;
- Execution of LUE’s Redevelopment Plan;
- Oversee the management and expansion of tourism and cultural activities on the Estate;
- Ensure the general upkeep and beautification of LUE as a whole, especially the heritage sites;
- Identify new business opportunities to diversify the company’s income stream;
- Prepare Capital Projects Programme for Board approval and manage its execution;
- Provide regular reports and recommendations to the Board on LUE’s operations including the implications of major policy decisions, company resources, operational and financial performance and strategies for managing critical incidents;
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards;
- Foster a safe and conducive work environment and encourage a culture of learning;
- Safe-guard and promote the image of LUE within the community and maintain close working relationships with stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration or a related field, plus
- At least five years’ experience in a senior management position
- Knowledge of tourism and farming operations will be an advantage
- Financially literate
- Proven skills in staff, administrative and financial and budget management;
- Excellent supervisory and reporting skills;
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Team-work attitude and the ability to lead, manage and develop a multicultural team;
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal, able to communicate to all levels;
- Action oriented, focused on getting tasks done;
- Proficient in in Microsoft Office suite.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or should apply by forwarding a covering letter, updated cv, copies of certificates and references to:
The Board Secretary
L’Union Estate Board of Directors
All applications should be received by Monday 02 October 2023
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.