- Industry Government Organisation
- Company Phone 428 6600
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer.
Reporting Line: The Chief Executive Officer directly reports to the Board and is answerable to the National Assembly for the Authority’s actions and performance. Furthermore, the position entails maintaining a distanced accountability to the Chief Secretary, ensuring transparency and alignment with government policies and priorities.
The Chief Executive Officer is the most senior public officer of the Authority and has overall responsibility for the efficient operation of all technical, strategic, and corporate functions of the Authority including staffing, strategic planning, and delivery of financial and business services and its related deliverables to ensure sustainable profitability and growth of the Authority. The Chief Executive Officer is the non-political public service accounting officer of the Authority.
Internally, the incumbent is responsible for providing visionary leadership, and embedding a culture founded on the principles of accountability, continuous learning, innovation, and delivery of superior value over the short, medium, and long term to all stakeholders.
Externally, this leadership role provides Ministries and stakeholders with advice to ensure widespread collaboration and alignment to common national Communication objectives and to promote effective and efficient use of the national resources for the benefit of country.
The position ultimately ensures that all Board approved strategies, plans, policies, and systems are implemented in accordance with regulations governing its operation as an Authority.
Job Scope & Responsibilities:
- Report and be accountable to the Board for the regularity and propriety of all resources wholly funded through the Consolidated Fund.
- Respond to any query emanating from the National Assembly on any matter, including budget allocations and reports of the Authority.
- Accountable for the overall performance of the Authority and for the day-to-day running and management of the Authority’s business – in reference to Section 6 of the COMMUNICATIONS ACT, 2023 – under delegated authority from the board.
- Demonstrate an intellectual and professional leadership style that supports the attainment of respect and credibility by others.
- Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the
- Coordinate, implement and promote the RBM reform within the Authority, ensuring an integrated approach to RBM practices (Strategic Planning, PM&E, PPBB and PMS).
- Develop and implement operational policies.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the Authority.
- Nurture a holistic integrated culture focused on high performance, collaboration innovation and learning through effective performance management.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance to oversee the Authority’s fiscal activity, including planning, budgeting, reporting, evaluating, and auditing.
- Work closely with the Head of Human Resources to ensure effective Human Resource Management.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are brought to the attention of all officers concerned, filed appropriately, and monitor compliance with laws and regulations such as the Procurement Act, the Public Service Order, The Financial Regulations, etc.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with other stakeholders – both local and international.
Salary package will be offered, commensurate with relevant qualifications and work experience.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Social awareness, critical thinking, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to carry out both strategic work and hands-on field research work.
- Familiarity with the government’s planning, budgeting, M&E, PMS and reporting cycles/calendar.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, a Diploma in Management, and at least 10 years of work experience at a senior management level.
- Alternatively, a minimum NQF Level 5 relevant qualification and a minimum of 15 years of work experience at a senior management level.
How To Apply
For any queries/further information, please refer to our Website: www.scra.sc
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.