- Industry Government
Are you a leader? Are you a Mover and Shaker? Do you want to make a mark on the national and international scene?
The Seychelles Fishing Authority (SFA) needs a dynamic and talented individual to be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead and successfully transit this Authority to become a well governed, financially independent public enterprise.
This is your Brief
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the Authority’s achievement of its strategic Vision, Mission and Objectives for the purpose of ensuring sustainable fisheries. The successful candidate must be ready to work with the Board to build and model a great institutional culture, provide inspired leadership, establish a great working relationship with the Ministry for Fisheries And Agriculture and with fishers and fisheries stakeholders, and set a course that ensures the Authority is viable and thriving. The Duties and Responsibilities are the following:
- Ensure the effective implementation of the new Strategic Plan of the Authority and the roll-out of its Vision, Mission and Objectives.
- Oversee the activities of the Authority and ensure the most efficient utilization of its resources for the most effective outcomes.
- Co-ordinate the formulation of budgets and operational plans of the Authority to effectively underpin the Strategic Plan.
- Ensure the safe custody and best use of the Authority’s assets.
- Implement relevant policies and decisions as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Keep the Board fully briefed as to all of the Authority’s financial and operational performance. Present the Board with fully researched and cost capital expenditure proposals as necessary.
- Motivate and guide senior managers so that a high level of overall performance is achieved.
- Participate in national and international fisheries-related negotiations.
- Participate in national, regional and international fisheries meetings.
- Work with and assist fishers and fisheries stakeholders to promote sustainable fisheries.
- Work with the Ministry for Fisheries and Agriculture, other relevant government organizations, the private sector and civil society to deliver the most effective results for the sector.
- Ensure good communications both within and outside the Authority at all times.
- Promote high personal standards and ensure the wellbeing of all employees.
- Ensure that the Authority operates in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Any other associated duties delegated by the Board of Directors.
This is the Knowledge you must have
- Understanding of the issues that the fisheries industry faces locally and globally.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, financial management and business/commercial operations.
- Knowledge of good governance principles.
- Understanding of sustainability principles.
These are the Competencies we are looking for
- Ability to work effectively with a Board of Directors
- Ability to lead effectively under pressure and to coach, mentor and motivate a workforce of diverse professionals and technical skills.
- Ability to meet multiple, important deadlines.
- Ability to establish business principles across the Authority.
- Ability to work with a multiple number of stakeholders to maximize gains and at the same time ensure the sustainability of the fisheries.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with partners and stakeholders to create a positive institutional image and a trustworthy brand.
- Ability to communicate complex information to diverse groups.
These are the Qualifications you need to have
University degree(s) and professional qualifications in Business Management/Economics/Entrepreneurship and/or Fisheries Management/Marine related disciplines.
This is the kind of Experience we need
10 years senior experience in leading organizations. Practical experience in change management, partnership building and stakeholder relationships, and in conflict resolution. Working experience in fisheries or fisheries related activities.
This will be your Remuneration
The post comes with an attractive salary starting from SCR 44,308 (negotiable based on qualifications and experience) plus allowances.
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or should submit their CV with a covering letter, Copy of Certificates and References by email to Dr. Nirmal Jivan Shah, Chairman of the Board at email@example.com
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.