- Industry Government Organisation
- Company Phone +248 428 3900
The Board of Directors of the National Council for Children – NCC, wishes to invite serious applications from dynamic and talented individuals, for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Council for Children, to continue a legacy of love for all children and successfully lead the organization on the well-trodden path of good governance and accountability.
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the Council’s achievement of its strategic Vision, Mission and Objectives. The CEO leads the process of establishing a respectful, supportive, thriving, strategic and diverse work environment which includes staff, volunteers and clients, as well as a team focused on service excellence and quality process improvement.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the new Strategic Plan of the Council and the roll-out of its Vision, Mission and Objectives.
- Oversee the activities of the Council and ensure the most efficient utilization of its resources for the most effective outcomes.
- Co-ordinate the formulation of budgets and operational plans of the Council to effectively underpin the Strategic Plan.
- Ensure the safe custody and best use of the Council’s assets.
- Implement relevant policies and decisions as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Keep the Board fully briefed as to all of the Council’s financial and operational performance.
- Motivate and guide senior managers so that a high level of overall performance is achieved.
- Work with the Ministry of Family Affairs, other relevant government organizations, the private sector and civil society to deliver the most effective results for the Children.
- Ensure good communications both within and outside the Council at all times.
- Promote high personal standards and ensure the wellbeing of all employees.
- Ensure that the Council operates in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Any other associated duties delegated by the Board of Directors.
Salary negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Full-time with flexibility to report to Presidents Village as required.
- Knowledge and Understanding of the law and all issues regarding children and their rights and responsibilities, both locally and globally.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and financial management.
- Knowledge of good governance principles.
- Ability to work effectively with a Board of Directors
- Ability to lead effectively under pressure and to coach, mentor and motivate a workforce of diverse professional and technical skills.
- Ability to meet multiple, important deadlines
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with partners and stakeholders to create a positive institutional image and a trustworthy brand.
University degree(s) and/or professional qualifications in health, education or social field, with demonstrated related experience working with children; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required. Must have demonstrated administrative competence and ability to establish and maintain positive community relationships.
At least 5 years senior experience in leading an organization. Practical experience in change management, partnership building and stakeholder relationships, and in conflict resolution. Working experience in children-related activities.
How To Apply
Interested candidates meeting criteria should Sign-up or login to apply now or are requested to forward their full CV, references, and certificates of qualification to Chief Executive Officer, National Council for Children, P.O. Box 377, Victoria, Mahé.
Or Email: [email protected]
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.