- Industry Hotels & Resorts
- Company Phone +248 439 3000
- Contact Person Human Resources
Promote and sell to group market in defined geographic region. Generate hotel/resort awareness through direct phone sales; direct sales calls, tradeshows and networking groups. Work closely with sales and marketing team to solicit, sell and confirm group business required to meet budgeted sales goals. Candidate should possess the ability to solicit group travel. This position requires a high degree on independent judgement and discretion on decision making.
Business Development and Prospecting:
- Identify and target group customers that will generate business on behalf of hotel but not conflict with WSO efforts.
- Negotiate, draft, generate and confirm/sign group contracts that ensure hotel budget and revenue targets are achieved.
- Adjust group pricing and recommend group concessions as needed to secure group business in support of hotel budget targets.
- Utilize Various Prospecting Resources to solicit and secure business on behalf of hotel.
- Use company wide programs, sales developments, prospecting projects, WSO customer events and reporting for group business development.
- Follow up on all business inquiries and leads and qualify business to generate group room nights and associated food and beverage revenue to impact RevPar performance.
- Create and execute account plans for assigned market territory to ensure maximum group revenue and budgeted group targets are achieved.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and direct sales goals including outside sales calls, prospecting calls, site inspections, and entertainment as outlined.
- Uncover potential P2P leads on behalf of sister properties and the company.
Prioritizing & Time Management:
- Treat active selling, solicitation and business development as #1 job priority.
- Protect the Golden-Selling Hours. Allocate time and resources as appropriate for account potential.
- Schedule activities effectively and meet deadlines.
- Handle sales calls and trips in a cost and time-efficient manner and within compliance of established budgets.
- Plan activities in advance. Ability to coordinate special events, promotions and other required management duties as assigned.
- Participate in local group/meetings organizations as needed for job.
- Identify, select and participate in local organization that will garner positive exposure for hotel, increase network of potential clients, and generate new business opportunities. Ideally, manager would have opportunity to serve on a committee or board to demonstrate leadership within the community.
Product Knowledge and Training:
- Maintain thorough and complete product knowledge of FS hotel property and in-depth understanding of comp set’s Features/Advantages/Benefits.
- Perform customer site inspections to uncover needs and present solutions that will maximize booking opportunity and create strong customer relationships.
- Create VIP or Group resumes identifying and communicating traveller’s needs and acting as liaison to ensure all operational and marketing aspects of their stay are met.
- Understand and utilize the sales tools the company provides and to follow and support all sales and marketing MOS. Ability to sell all hotel products and services.
- Track and focus on conversion to ensure hotel revenue objectives are impacted and achieved.
- Write clear and effective sales correspondence.
- Make a strong and positive impression on clients in individual and group setting.
- Contact customers in-house to promote good will and foster additional business or repeat business to property or sister property.
- Develop and utilize sales skills in all sales interactions.
- Score 90% or higher in sales MCA shop calls to ensure standards are met and sales skills are used to maximum effort.
- Cross-sell with catering and group managers and team-sell also where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain strong Delphi hygiene including account creation, account traces, contact information, client email lists, bookings, etc. in accordance with Four Seasons standards.
- Understand and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems (Opera) involved with corporate or travel industry business.
- Participate in sales meetings, pipeline meetings and leadership meetings as required.
- Respond and maintain effective correspondence with all potential and existing clients.
- Follow up on all pending and currently booked business details.
- Produce monthly sales recaps of market achievement based upon marketing plan objectives.
- Produce and execute quarterly and annual action plans.
- Participation and contribution to annual Marketing Plan including proposing and managing territory sales expenses and travel budgets
- Initiates booking feedback as needed with the DOS, DOM and GM during the sales process up to and including contract.
- Keep supervisors informed of any and all potential problems so corrective action can be taken where needed.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct personal behaviour in a mature professional business manner where representing the hotel or company.
- Be a sound analyser and problem solver.
- Be a do-er and implementer.
- Be a team member and assist as needed within department or hotel.
- Develop and use good acumen and be a good business operator.
- Communicate industry trends or market data as needed to better understand our marketplace and business.
- Have a strong attention to detail, monitor quality and be obsessively service oriented.
- Be versatile and flexible and maintain composure during stressful times.
- Manage, coach and guide assistant.
- Receive and share constructive criticism.
- Have interpersonal sensitivity.
- Respond to hotel safety or emergency situations.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by hotel management or staff
- Staff facilities that includes internet café, restaurant styled staff dining with wide selection of cuisines
- Uniforms and scheduled transport
- Opportunity for promotion or transfers to other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary stay in more than 90 Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts around the world.
- A summary of duties and salary will be discussed at interview.
Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the required language. Good personal & professional references. Working computer skills and knowledge including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Delphi, Internet and Opera.
College Degree – 4 years, or equivalent experience
- Luxury hotel Sales preferred (minimum of 3 years) or 3 – 5 years operational hotel experience
- Proven sales track record a plus
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or send in your most recent resume with your photograph & police clearance certificate via email to:
or mail it to:
Senior Human Resources
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Petite Anse, Baie-Lazare
P.O. Box 1397 Victoria
Only suitable candidates will be called.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.