- Industry Government Organisation
- Company Phone +248 438 2120
The Government of Seychelles seeks to attract and recruit a suitable candidate to occupy the position of Commissioner General of the Seychelles Revenue Commission.
The successful candidate will have the overall responsibility for the Tax Revenue Administration and must be able to motivate staff, work in teams, be adept at problem solving and strive to improve service delivery. If you are interested in working in a challenging and inspiring environment, apply today!
The functions of the Commissioner General will include but not be limited to:
- Assess, collect and account for all government revenues authorized under the laws listed in the Schedule of the Seychelles Revenue Commission Act and Customs Management Act;
- Administer efficiently and effectively all revenue laws in force;
- Advise the government on policy matters relating to revenue;
- Improve the standard and quality of service provided to payers of revenue; counteract revenue evasion;
- Monitor and control cost of revenue collection; and
- Deal with agency work.
- Full membership of a recognized professional accounting body plus 5 years satisfactory and relevant experience; or
- ACCA professional stage plus 5 years post qualifying experience; or
- Master’s degree in a relevant field plus 5 years post qualifying experience.
- Proven track record for effective team management and result driven leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of Taxation and Customs Legislation, Taxation Law, Recovery Processes, Financial Instruction, Public Service Orders and Regulations.
- Very good knowledge of Audit Procedures and practices.
- High level of tax technical experience in relation to the appeals process and interpretation of Legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in operating in a digital environment; and
- Possess good ethical values.
Attractive salary package will be based on qualification and experience.
Interested parties can download an application form from our website www.src.gov.sc or collect a hard copy at the reception desk of the Ministry of Finance, Liberty House.
Interested candidates are required to submit any enquiries, their application letter, completed application form, curriculum vitae, copy of certificates and a passport size photograph to:
The Executive Director
Ministry of Finance, National Planning and Trade
P.O. Box 313.
Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles or
Telephone: +248 438 2120
Applications must be received by 15th February 2023 and must be marked:
“Application for the post of Commissioner General SRC – Attention Ms. Cillia Mangroo”.