- Industry Government
The Seychelles Revenue Commission seeks to attract and recruit a suitable candidate to occupy the position of Commissioner General of the Seychelles Revenue Commission.
The post holder will have the overall responsibility for the Revenue Administration and will lead the organization through its development and transformative journey. The candidate should be able to motivate staff, able to work in teams, seek solution to problems and find opportunities to better deliver services. If you are interested in working in a challenging and inspiring environment, apply today!
To manage the overall functions of the Commission, which includes:
- Undertaking all duties as stipulated in the SRC Act, including the collection and accounting for all government revenues authorized under the laws listed in the Schedule of the SRC Act; counteracting revenue evasion; monitoring and controlling the cost of revenue collection.
- Ensuring that the SRC’s Mission to promote compliance with Seychelles’ Tax and Customs Laws and Regulations through education, quality service and responsible enforcement is fulfilled.
- Advising the Government on policy matters, laws and regulations including amendments, and oversees the interpretation and implementation of policies and legislations.
- Building and leading a modern and efficient tax administration that ensures all taxes and duties due to the Government of Seychelles, are collected.
- Managing the budget, funds and property of the Seychelles Revenue Commission.
- Preparing strategic and development plans for the SRC; analyses complex situations and reports, evaluates problems and initiates appropriate courses of action. Analyses trends, sets operational targets and reviews revenue collection strategies.
- Ensuring the internal controls and the management of operational areas as determined by the Governing Board are executed in an efficient manner.
- Representing the SRC and, as required, the Government of Seychelles at local, regional and international fora.
- Full membership of a recognized professional accounting body plus at least 4/5 years satisfactory and relevant experience; or
- ACCA professional stage plus at least 4/6 years post qualifying and relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a relevant field plus 4/6 years post qualifying and relevant experience.
- The incumbent is required to have a comprehensive knowledge of Seychelles tax system and familiarity with the Tax Laws, Regulations, Tax Treaties and Trade Agreements administered by the SRC and the relationships that these legislative instruments have with the various programs administered by the SRC.
- Extensive knowledge of Audit Procedures, Recovery Processes, Financial Instruction, Public Service Orders and Regulations and International Taxation matters.
- High level of tax technical experience in relation to the appeals process and interpretation of Legislation.
- Skills in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling assigned projects to accomplish work objectives in compliance with procedural, administrative and technical requirements prescribed by the various laws and regulations administered by the SRC.
- Demonstrates ability to manage large complex organizations and provide administrative direction in all aspects of the SRC’s work while ensuring quality of output and technical soundness. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Provides the organization with the vision, effective leadership, high ethical standards, and interpersonal skills necessary to execute its mandate.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion in managing subordinates including the handling of emergency situations, determining and deciding upon procedures to be implemented, setting priorities, maintaining standards, and resolving problems.
Salary Band 14 -16 (www.dpa.gov.sc) plus allowances depending on qualification and experience.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are required to forward an application and motivation letter, up dated CV, references, and a passport size photograph to the Principal Secretary, Finance, Ministry of Finance, Trade and Economic Planning. Liberty House. P O Box 313. Victoria.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.