- Industry Insurance
- Company Phone 432 2922
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES CAN APPLY FOR THIS POST
JOIN OUR TEAM
MUA offers its corporate and individual clients an array of insurance, pension, investment, savings and stockbroking solutions.
We have a dynamic team in Mauritius, Seychelles and East Africa. Listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius since 1993, we are the industry leader in motor insurance and digital innovation.
We aim to recruit candidates who are experts in their field, have a professional approach and are passionate about fulfilling their potential.
We have the following opportunity within the group:
Compliance and Risk Officer
Ensure adherence to Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) requirements in the Seychelles jurisdiction and assist the Head of Group Risk, Legal, Compliance and Customer Care on such other ancillary matters or issues.
Risk & Compliance
- Oversee the in-country implementation of Group Compliance and Risk policies.
- Establish and maintain frameworks within the Group to ensure adherence with applicable regulations, internal policies, procedures, and respective codes so as to protect the reputation of the Seychelles and the Group with its regulators.
- Prepare and conduct training & perform timely checks as per guidelines and upon request from the Group.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise Management accordingly.
- Perform continual compliance & risk assessment of the Group’s companies’ practices.
Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism
- Work as a liaison in respect of legal, regulatory, compliance and risk matters between the subsidiaries of the MUA and relevant law enforcement/regulatory agencies
- Perform CDD/EDD on MUA customers in line with laws.
- Handle AML requests from law enforcement and regulatory bodies.
- Handle Suspicious Transaction Reports (“STRs”) and analyse complex transactions, irregular financial activities, and potential money laundering transactions within MUA Seychelles’ operations.
- Keep abreast of new regulatory developments to timely inform management.
- Be able to represent MUA in technical stakeholders forums.
Documentation & Reporting
- Establish written internal policies and procedures, as required.
- Perform continual compliance & risk assessment and implementing adequate controls for the management of identified risks.
- Report to Chief risk Officer on monthly & quarterly basis
- Prepare and deliver Compliance, Risk & AML/CFT training in respect of compliance and money laundering topics and issues to MUA staff.
- Perform any ancillary tasks in relation to the position, including administrative support.
- Degree in Law and/or Management/LLB (Hons) or equivalent qualification to succeed in the role.
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (“ACAMS”) or International Compliance
- Association (“ICA”) certification would be an advantage.
- 3 years in a similar position, holding a similar role in a regulated entity would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge in MS Office Tools
- Presentation skills
- Reporting & analysis skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong ethics & values.
- Fluent in English – written & oral.
- Fluency in French -written & oral – would be an advantage.
How To Apply
Closing Date: 21st February 2024
The company reserves the right to call only the best qualified candidates for the selection exercises.
Applications received after the closing date might not be considered.
The company also reserves the right not to proceed with the vacancies.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.