- Industry Financial Services
Our company, GCC Exchange, a licensed Class A Bureau De Change, is looking for a Compliance Officer to join our team.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work in a highly professional and dynamic working environment with opportunity to work on challenging tasks as well as with a team of highly motivated and performing individuals.
Job Scope and Responsibilities:
- Able to respond adequately to the enquiries relating to the reporting entity and conduct of its business;
- Prepare reports to regulatory authorities and respond to their queries.
- Be responsible for the implementation and on-going compliance programmes, controls and procedures;
- Be responsible for ensuring that the staff of the reporting entity comply with the provisions of AML CFT Act and any other law relating to money laundering and terrorist financing activities;
- Conduct employee training with respect to the compliance program;
- Prepare compliance reports to management and various committees and governance structures within the company.
- Ensure periodic compliance reviews and risk assessment of the company and its respective clients;
- Have the ability and experience to take overall responsibility for implementation and maintenance of compliance policy and procedures;
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry and the regulatory framework applicable to the industry; and
- Ability to read and understand the law, codes, guidelines, circulars, directives or practice directions that may be issued by the Regulatory Authorities from time to time in order to ensure effective interaction with the Authority regarding the licensee’s compliance with same.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong knowledge of the Seychelles Regulatory Environment in the Financial Services Sector.
- Team Management Skills
- Well organized and ability to work autonomously and deal with busy workload
- Self-motivated, mature and able to use initiatives with a strong hands-on approach.
- Good, clear and concise written and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the business.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Relevant academic qualification at a degree level from an internationally accredited institution;
- Relevant professional qualification in compliance at diploma level from an internationally accredited institution e.g ICA, ACAMS;
- Experience in a Bureau De Change, Capital markets, banking, brokerage or other Financial Institutions;
- 2 years’ relevant working experience within 4 years immediately prior to the date of the application;
- Preferably with experience as a compliance officer, manager or director level;
- A Seychellois or resident in Seychelles is preferrable
How to Apply
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.