- Industry Catering
- Company Phone +248 438 1770
- Contact Person Human Resource Department
Description of Duties
- Accountable for the quality, consistency and production of the section. Exhibit culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the team within the allocated professional jurisdiction and managing all food related functions.
- Personal participation in producing the majority of food related items pertaining to your skill and section. Take an active role in hands on skill impartation to subordinates.
- Monitor menu and recipe utilization and ensure that cooking is as per the menu specification emphasis being on quality and consistency.
- Plan and allocate work to team members by using planning tools, ensuring on time delivery to internal and external customers whilst maximizing productivity, minimizing wastage and overtime.
- Manage the daily usage of labour, adjusting the daily plan to ensure flights are covered effectively at minimum cost. Managing team members on a daily basis allocating tasks fairly
- Accurately complete relevant documentation i.e. compliance/substitution/waste/service reports within required timescale.
- Ensure any material or product costs are fully managed. Maintain housekeeping standards and ensure reduction of waste.
- Identify employee training requirements including mandatory regulatory training and communicating them to the Executive Chef/ Production Manager. Proactively manage team member’s performance.
- Ensure specific departmental employee issues are identified and managed including but not limited duty rooster, off days, absenteeism, overtime and any other issues arising.
- Manage resources to ensure that Company and FSI/Medina quality targets are achieved whilst operating within productivity targets.
- Ensure all documentation is correctly completed including the verification of physical HACCP documentation and by conducting regular spot checks. Manage daily operations in accordance with company health and safety policies and procedures
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups like for instance airline presentations and meetings.
- Continually review ways of improving the operation, generating new ideas and actively implementing and promoting change.
- Support safe work habits and a safe productive working environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Attractive pay and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Training will be provided where required.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Attitude & Physical Demands
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members of the public to promote team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- A smart personal appearance is essential.
Training Specific to Position
- Airline vocabulary
- Flight Schedule
- Airlines Hospital specifications, menus, recipes
- Global organization and operations of the Company
Hygiene, Quality, Safety & Security Responsibilities
- Respect and enforces the rules of hygiene, quality and safety
- Participate actively in quality plan
5 years previous experience and able to work flexible hours in a Hot Kitchen
Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the production manager, executive chef, all kitchen staff, staff of the sales and marketing, food and beverage and human resource functions, and operational teams. Outside of Skychef, the position coordinates, primarily, with the government, airlines and general public at large.
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or please forward CV, with copies of certificates/references to:
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Foreign Applicants must state their salary expectations in USD.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.