- Industry Catering
- Company Phone +248 438 1770
- Contact Person Human Resource Department
Accurately and efficiently cook meat, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare portion, food products prior to cooking.
Description of Duties
- Prepare food such as recipe following specific methods that usually require short preparation of time
- Ability to cook various types of cuisines and foods
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by customers and prepare cook food according to instructions
- erify that prepared food meet requirements for quality and quantity
- nspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary, food-handling practices
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods
- Wash, cut and prepare food designated for cooking
- Consult with hierarchy to plan menus taking consideration factors such as rush periods
- Clean, stock and restock workstations
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat-fryers, or griddles
- Order and take delivery of supplies
- Strive to anticipate the clients need whenever possible and in turn complement client’s satisfaction
- Must have the ability to memorize food recipes and experiment with various types of cooking styles
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces and utensils.
- Any other cognate duties as may be assigned from time to time in the Production Department
- Attractive pay and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Training will be provided where required.
- Highly service orientated, quality and customer satisfaction
- Strong sense of responsibility,
- Good skills in leadership, organization and efficiency
- Can read and write clearly
Training Specific to Position
- Airline vocabulary
- Flight schedule
- Menu specifications and recipes
- Customer service
Hygiene, Quality, Safety & Security Responsibilities
- Respect and enforces the rules of hygiene, quality and safety
- Maintain health standards in the food cooking areas
- Maintain high degree of personal hygiene and appearance
STA Graduate, 2 years’ experience in a hot kitchen and interested in developing a career in the airline catering industry.
Flexible and punctual
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or please forward CV, with copies of certificates/references to:
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Foreign Applicants must state their salary expectations in USD.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.