- Industry Conservation
- Company Phone +248 432 1735
- Contact Person Mrs. Bernadette Julie - Senior Administrative & Human Ressources Officer
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES CAN APPLY FOR THIS POST
The Seychelles Islands Foundation (SIF) seeks to recruit a dynamic and passionate individual, committed to making a difference in the protection of Seychelles’ UNESCO World Heritage Sites for the position of Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Deputy CEO) to assist the CEO in attaining the Foundation’s strategic mission, vision and objectives.
The Deputy CEO will support and ensure that the three Sites, Aldabra Atoll, Vallée de Mai and Ravin de Fond Ferdinand are highly effectively managed protected areas where conservation, research, education and tourism are sustainably balanced.
Summary of duties
Fully support the CEO in discharging her function and deputise in her absence; participate actively in the development of a strategic plan for SIF and ensure its effective implementation; oversee the revision and implementation of the management plans of the two World Heritage Sites; oversee the corporate department; share the knowledge of the foundation at national and international levels; represent the interests of the foundation generally; liaise with relevant partners in different fields (e.g. science, research, community engagement, protected area management, conservation and sustainable tourism), and raise funds and financial support for the foundation.
Remuneration: Salary will be based on qualifications and experience as relevant to the position
Qualifications and skills
- University degree (minimum BSc, postgraduate qualification preferred) in the field of management or environment management; professional qualifications in administration and finance;
- at least 3 years working experience in a senior management position; knowledge in using and interpreting scientific research for conservation and/or protected area management; excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- organisational and management skills in administration, finance and operation of protected areas;
- willingness to travel between sites to oversee work;
- demonstrated awareness of and engagement in local and international conservation issues; experience with projects and international networking;
- and strong record of successful delivery of objectives and goals.
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or If you fulfil the above criteria, you may be the right candidate for the position.
Please send your application (full CV and 1-2 page cover letter addressing why you would like the position and are the ideal person for the role) to the Administration & Human Resources Department, Seychelles Islands Foundation, P.O Box 853, La Ciotat Building or email [email protected] or Tel: 4321735 for enquiries.
Application forms can be collected at our Head office on Mahé and at the Vallée de Mai on Praslin or downloaded from our homepage http://www.sif.sc under the tab ‘Downloads’.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.