- Industry Government
- Company Phone +248 428 3615
- Contact Person Marie-Therese Moustache - Human Resource & Budget Management Officer
The Director will be responsible for all matters relating to consular affairs. Will be the principal liaison officer for all consular affairs, provide advice and assistance in respond to general enquiries and request from other Government, Ministries/Departments, non-governmental and private agencies/organisation and the general public.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To act as the principal point of contact between the Department on all matters relating to consular matters in order to ensure adequate and timely follow-up.
- Responsible for the effective coordination for visa request and requirements for Seychellois travelling abroad.
- To lobby and negotiate terms and conditions for visa abolition agreements with other countries.
- To oversee the provision of travelling assistance or assist Government officials going on official missions.
- To facilitate and oversee the authentication of certificates, including educational and other certificates to be forwarded to foreign countries.
- To facilitate and oversee the attestation of documents, registrations of certificates such as Birth, Marriage, Death etc… from Seychellois citizens abroad.
- To effectively coordinate repatriation of citizens and other nationals to and from Seychelles including the transfer of ashes and corpses to and from Seychelles as well as preparing necessary official documents.
- To process appointments of New Honorary Consuls for Seychelles.
- To process appointments of New Honorary Consuls for Foreign countries in Seychelles.
- Coordinate the issuance of Diplomatic and Official Passport, and to advise government on relevant or evolving changes in policies related to the issuance of Diplomatic and Official Passports.
- To be thorough with the provision of Vienna Convention on Consular Relations (1963) and to advise the government on any official changes and modifications on such.
- To coordinate the establishment of Seychelles Consulates in foreign countries.
- To effectively conduct media-public communications on specific information, travel warnings and travel alerts.
Division – Protocol, Consular and Maritime Affairs
Salary Band: B7 – B9 plus allowances
Qualifications & Experience
Masters Degree in International Studies or Master’s Degree in Public Relations or equivalent plus five (5) years satisfactory work experience in Diplomacy or related field.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or Interested candidates should collect Application Form at the Reception Desk of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Maison Quéau de Quinssy, Mont Fleuri.
Duly completed Application Form with a passport size photograph, should be addressed to:-
Director General (Human Resource, Budget Management and Administration), Department of Foreign Affairs, P. O. Box 656, Mont Fleuri.
NB: The post will be vacant as from 1st July 2019.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.