- Industry Government
- Company Phone +248 428 3615
- Contact Person Marie-Therese Moustache - Human Resource & Budget Management Officer
The Director of Protocol shall be directly responsible to the Director General for the overall guidance, supervision and direction of the operations of the Protocol Section and the allocation of duties to Protocol Staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all protocol arrangements at national level and ensure that all protocol procedures are respected and implemented.
- Plan, arrange and execute detailed programmes for VVIP visiting dignitaries during official and when necessary private visits.
- Co-ordinate and assist in the preparation of very high level international activities (Heads of government, ministerial conferences, seminars, workshops) held in Seychelles.
- Ensure that all matters pertaining to diplomatic privileges and immunities are respected and maintained (duty free goods, diplomatic clearance of ship and aircraft, issuance of Identity Cards, etc…)
- Promote harmonious relations between the Seychelles Government and the Diplomatic and Consular Corps and provide advice on policies, precedents and practices.
- Assist Director General with updating the Protocol Procedures Manual, the Diplomatic Directory, the National Order of Precedence lists and other protocol guidelines.
- Oversee the preparations of the accreditation of Seychelles Ambassador, High Commissioners to foreign Heads of States and representatives to International Organisations.
- Responsible for the overall management of Protocol Car Fleet and oversee the daily function of the Head Protocol Chauffeurs and Protocol Chauffeurs.
Division: Protocol, Consular and Maritime Affairs
Salary Band: B7 – B9 plus allowances
Qualifications & Experience
- Masters Degree in Protocol and Diplomacy or three years satisfactory experience as Senior Protocol Officer; or
- Five years satisfactory work experience as Protocol Officer
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or Interested candidates should collect Application Form at the Reception Desk of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Maison Quéau de Quinssy, Mont Fleuri.
Duly completed Application Form with a passport size photograph, should be addressed to:-
Director General (Human Resource, Budget Management and Administration), Department of Foreign Affairs, P. O. Box 656, Mont Fleuri.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.