- Industry Tourism
- Company Phone +248 428 8888
- Contact Person Human Resources Department
- To maintain a valid driving licence for the category of vehicle in your possession in accordance to Road Transport Legislation and produce at any time on demand or request by the Police Officer and Company’s representative.
- To drive the Company’s vehicle in accordance with the legal requirements and Company procedures following the duties allocated by the Transport Manager/Supervisor.
- To ensure the vehicle’s road licence and insurance are always valid and well displayed.
- To ensure that the vehicle is free from damage and consistently clean prior to use by carry out all necessary checks and complete the given pre-inspection form.
- To operate vehicle with all safety equipments – first aid kit, fire extinguisher etc… that are well displayed and easily seen by customers.
- To communicate with customers in a clear concise and polite manner and to ensure they are respected and made to feel welcome in our country.
- To ensure that the vehicle is driven with due care and attention, ensuring the safety of the passengers and general public.
- To ensure that defensive driving is practiced throughout every journey, being aware of potential hazards and how to avoid them.
- To ensure customers with special needs are given every assistance and attention, and to be able to control difficult/challenging customers.
- To submit report of any incident or accident that involves injury, damage to any passenger, missing or left behind customers, pedestrian or third-party property immediately in line with company procedure.
- To check that seat belts are fastened and luggage are secured. Throughout the journey ensure that clients remained seated, stopping when necessary to ensure that the safety of clients is maintained at all times.
- To assist clients on and off the vehicle using the steps, ensuring wheelchairs are clamped etc… in order to prevent accidents and meet good moving and handling practice.
- To keep good communication at all times with customers during transportation and to maintain the count of customers in your vehicle.
- To accurately complete and submit all necessary paperwork such as daily record sheet.
- To manage all customers’ luggage responsibly while you the act of loading and unloading and ensuring that the luggage is properly secured to avoid damage.
- To comply with all Health and Safety requirements and to take responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times.
- To act as company representative when dealing with customers.
- To ensure that all accidents, mechanical faults or damages are reporting to your immediate supervisor.
- To ensure that works order is handing over to Workshop for any checks, repairs or malfunctions of vehicle.
- Be ready to adapt with changes in working procedures and practices is opened to opportunities to improve own skills.
- To promote the company generally and to do everything possible to enhance the company’s image through appearance and behaviour, ensuring that you report for duty sober, in smart uniform and on time.
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned.
Salary is dependent on qualifications & experience.
Driving License No. 2, 4, 5 & 6.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or forward your CV with covering letter to:
Human Resources Department, Mason’s Travel (Pty) Ltd, P O Box 459, Revolution Avenue, Victoria, OR by e-mail to: [email protected]
Our Team will respond to shortlisted candidates only.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.