- Industry Government Organisation
- Company Phone 438 2000
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES CAN APPLY FOR THIS POST
2 Posts Available
Unit: National Planning Department
Working hours: Normal 0800hrs to 1600hrs
Reporting to the Senior Economist, the job holder will be responsible for different sectors and assisting sectors in the preparation, prioritization and implementation of sector programmes and projects of formulated portfolio based sector strategic plans. The latter would be fed into the Republic’s National Development Strategy. The Economist is expected to systematically monitor, evaluate and report on sector performances as well as delivery of planned results.
The Economist will assist in seeing to the implementation of the overarching framework for development in the Seychelles in the economic, social, environment and governance sectors.
Task and Responsibilities
- Carry out research and data analysis to enable effective planning and achievement of the government’s national objectives.
- Develop close relationships with and work with sector partners to help shape and formulate sector strategic plans in the governance, social, environment and economic sectors with sound economic thinking.
- Monitor the performance of the implementation of portfolio based sector strategic plans and programmes in line with the RBM principles, and notably the NDS action plan in the environment and energy sector
- Review and advise on the technical quality and applicability of portfolio based sector strategic plans.
- With government’s public bodies assist the conceptualization, development and funding of certain priority projects emanating from the portfolio based sector strategic plan.
- Prepare regular monitoring and evaluation reports Interact with and build relationships and joint initiatives with economists and other key players in the field of research, statistics, planning and M&E.
- To ensure proper harmonization between NDS and with the portfolio based sector strategy
Salary Band: B4-B5
Competitive salary dependent on experience
Minimum Entry Requirements
- A Master’ Degree in Degree in Economist/Economics/Economic Policy/Finance or related field will be appointed at B5, step 5; step5; or
- Bachelor’s degree in economics/Econometrics/Economic Policy, Business Administration/Business and Trade/Foreign Trade/Law/Public Policy or related field, strategic planning and development related subjects or 2-3 years of experience
Other required qualities
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and research skills.
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision
- Knowledge of structures and procedures of international organizations
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in a range of forums.
- Critical thinking skills
- Good organizational and self-management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or if you are dynamic and highly motivated professional seeking to develop a career in Economics, please forward a covering letter and copies of relevant certificates with an undated CV and a passport size photograph to:
The Human Resources Section
Ministry of Finance National Planning and Trade
PO Box 313
Closing date for all applications is on 02nd September 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.