- Industry Diplomacy
- Role The International Monetary Fund (IMF) advises its Members States, including Seychelles, and supports the efforts of the authorities of the countries to implement policies aimed at strengthening their economic stability, reducing vulnerability to economic and financial crises, and improving the standard of living of their people.
- Company Phone +12023787496
- Contact Person Aissatou Diallo or Elizabeth Charles
RECRUITMENT NOTICE OF AN ECONOMIST
Duty station: Victoria, Seychelles
Duration of commitment: One (1) year but renewable for up to three years.
Start date: 16th August, 2022
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) advises its Members States, including Seychelles, and supports the efforts of the authorities of the countries to implement policies aimed at strengthening their economic stability, reducing vulnerability to economic and financial crises, and improving the standard of living of their people.
The IMF is looking to hire for the office of its Resident Representation in Seychelles, an Economist. The latter will be in charge of all tasks related to the functions and responsibilities described below :
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general authority and supervision of the Resident Representative, she/he will particularly :
- Develop and maintain comprehensive databases on different aspects of the economy (particularly of Seychelles).
- Participate in data collection/analysis missions as well as collaborate and exchange information with government and private sector representatives.
- Organize and participate in all meetings related to his responsibilities.
- Perform analytical work, including undertaking economic analyses, assessing, monitoring and analyzing economic developments, designing policies and programs and coordinating technical assistance (especially in the areas of production, prices, financial sector, fiscal and debt issues and balance of payments).
- Research and prepare a variety of academic-level written, statistical and econometric results.
- Demonstrate creativity in the face of new problems and economic contexts.
- Collaborate with technical and financial partners and other bilateral and multilateral donors.
The successful candidate will be expected to consistently demonstrate the ability to work independently and strengthen the IMF’s relationship with the country of operation. He must be available, flexible, able to work under pressure in a multicultural environment, and demonstrate great organizational skills.
Skills and qualifications required:
Completed Master’s degree in Macroeconomics or have initiated a doctoral program. A completed PhD in Economics would be considered as a strong advantage.
Five or more years of relevant work experience (Examples: in Econometrics, Statistics or Finance) or equivalent experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and econometric software such as Stata, Eviews.
Advanced knowledge of statistical and econometric techniques and macroeconomic relationships.
Publications of research papers in academic journals would be considered as an important advantage.
Perfect command of English.
How To Apply
Composition of the application file:
(i) candidate’s curriculum vitae (CV) and a letter of motivation addressed to the Resident Representative of the IMF in Seychelles accompanied by
(ii) electronic copies of diplomas,
(iii) identification documents (passport and/or national identity card) and
(iv) three professional references with contact details.
Application deadline: 30th June 2022.
Please mention your contact numbers and e-mail address on the CV and cover letter. Only candidates pre-selected for an interview will be contacted. Documents submitted to the Resident Representation will not be returned to the candidate.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.