- Industry Government Organisation
- Company Phone +248 430 3401
Unit: Secretariat of the Director
Reponsible to: Director
Purpose of the Position
To provide executive support the Director to allow for efficiency, expediency and effectiveness of all work processes emanating from the Director’s office. The Executive Assistance serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external contacts on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Director, and ensures a smooth collaborative partnership with government organizations”.
Scope of the Position
The role will likely required significant engagement with Home Ministry and International partners of various jurisdictions and would benefit from individuals who have experience in dealing with important partners such as these; particularly the ability to summarize succinctly key items of material for the attention of the members and submit these in a balanced and probative manner. The role may also require the Executive Assistance to give Presentations and reports in different jurisdictions if required either by physical attendance or via video-link. The Executive assistance role may also include an element of mentoring of colleagues in the RCOC will also be expected to provide technical guidance and supervision to colleagues and partners from other organization’s with whom the Regional Centre for Operational Coordination (RCOC) will work.
- Maintain Executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Guarantees high-level administrative support by compiling reports, taking in-house minutes and following up on actions, handling information requests, and performing organization functions such as preparing correspondence, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, coping and transmitting text, data and graphics. Collects and analyses information, and collates the organization’s reports and secures information by completing data base backups.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters, document and edits and completes first draft written communications to external stake holders and initiates telecommunications.
- Produces information day by day liaison with Government counterparts of the project at National and local level and programme team at Regional Centre for Operational Coordination (RCOC) to support effective implementation of the various activities.
- Produces support in organizing meetings and consultation workshop under the project and support the team in undertaking documentation and capturing the proceedings of the meetings.
- Represents the Director/Organization by attending conferences, meeting and workshop in the Director’s absence.
- Welcome guest and customers by greeting them in person or on the Telephone; answering or directing inquires.
- Completes projects by assigning work to support staff; following up on results.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filling and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirement; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating net equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Ex Coast Guard
Bois de Rose
Salary Level: B7-B9
Minimum Entry Criteria
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree required with 7 to 9 years’ experience in either international relations, investigations supporting senior level Executives;
- Experience and Experience in protocols and international relations inters in internal and external communication and partnership development;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point) Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web Platforms.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple task seamlessly with excellent attention details.
- Very Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationship with stakeholders, including staff, internal and external partners.
- Expert level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with decision-making capacity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Be adaptable to various completing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve high performance goals and meets deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Basic understanding of information management.
- Familiarity of working with national international government systems.
How To Apply
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.