- Industry Public-Private Trust
- Company Phone +248 432 5806
The Seychelles Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust (“SeyCCAT”) was legally established via legislation on November 19, 2015.
The objects of the SeyCCAT are to administer the assets of the Trust intended to provide a sustainable flow of funds to support the long-term management and expansion of the Seychelles system of marine protected areas and other activities which contribute substantially to the conservation, protection and maintenance of biodiversity and the adaptation to the climate change as identified through consultations with stakeholders; and perform exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes for the benefit of the public.
- Assist and support the Grants Manager and Project Managers to administer and manage grants issued by SeyCCAT.
- Responsible for external communications about the grants received by SeyCCAT.
- Assist the Fundraising & Partnership Manager with identifying new sources of income, negotiating deals and maintaining strong partnerships with existing and new donors.
The suitable candidate is expected to have:
- Undergraduate degree majoring in environmental science, marine science, communications, marketing and journalism;
- One year of experience in communications and/or media would be an advantage;
- Some knowledge of natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, community development or related fields would be an asset.
- Fluency in English and advanced communication skills are essential;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good computer and social networking skills;
- Good coordination and facilitation skill;
- Good understanding and knowledge of graphic design, digital and creative arts, photography and videography, as well as related software would be an asset;
- Good understanding of creating quality contents and managing digital and social media platforms;
- Passion for creative ideas and initiatives and the realisation of such ideas and initiatives;
- Enthusiasm and drive for fundraising for a great cause is essential; experience of it is desirable but not essential
- Flexible, willing and able to turn their hand to multiple different tasks as the work requires.
Report to: SeyCCAT CEO
How To Apply
Interested candidate should consult the full detailed Terms of Reference, available in electronic form from the e-mail address below, prior to preparing their application.
Upon reviewing the Terms of Reference please send job application to the email ([email protected]) or by post to Seychelles Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust, Room 109, 1st Floor, Oceangate House, Victoria.
Deadline for submission: 4th June, at 5 PM.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.