- Industry Public-Private Trust
- Company Phone +248 432 5806
The Seychelles Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust (“SeyCCAT”) was legally established via legislation on November 19, 2015.
The objects of the SeyCCAT are to administer the assets of the Trust intended to provide a sustainable flow of funds to support the long-term management and expansion of the Seychelles system of marine protected areas and other activities which contribute substantially to the conservation, protection and maintenance of biodiversity and the adaptation to the climate change as identified through consultations with stakeholders; and perform exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes for the benefit of the public.
- Responsible for the management of grants that SeyCCAT receives and issues as grants or subgrants.
- The specific duties will relate to the grants administration, technical support to the Project Steering Committee and meeting reporting requirements of different donors.
- Responsible for the management of grants that SeyCCAT issues via the Blue Grants Fund, including the preparation of grant agreements, due diligence, modifications to the agreement.
- Responsible to supervise the Blue Grants Coordinator, Grants Assistant and the monitoring and evaluation officer.
Required Grants Manager Qualifications and Knowledge
- University Degree in Environment, Conservation, Social Sciences, Law, Policy, Public or Business Administration;
- Level 6 and above (e.g. Advanced Diploma, Degree, Post-graduate degree) administrative qualifications in a subject/s such as Accounting, Business, Management.
- Knowledge of the marine environment in Seychelles and current opportunities and issues related to marine sectors;
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations, acts and policies in Seychelles relevant to finance/investment, marine conservation, and fisheries management.
- Knowledge of SeyCCAT and the Seychelles MSP initiative would be an asset.
Required Grants Competencies, Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of administrative or project management experience for a complex, multi-staff initiative including project administration, coordination, communication (remote and in-person), planning and budgets;
- Adaptable and ambitious individual with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive partner, stakeholder and team working relationships;
- A strong track record in reporting and administrative writing skills;
- Versatile, professional and well organized with deep knowledge of making administrative and procedural decisions;
- Strong verbal and written communication (in English, Creole and French);
- Proven ability to converse professionally and effectively with a variety of levels of colleagues and partners;
Report to: SeyCCAT CEO
How To Apply
Interested candidate should consult the full detailed Terms of Reference, available in electronic form from the e-mail address below, prior to preparing their application.
Upon reviewing the Terms of Reference please send job application to the email ([email protected]) or by post to Seychelles Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust, Room 109, 1st Floor, Oceangate House, Victoria.
Deadline for submission: 4th June, at 5 PM.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.