- Industry Government Organisation
Consultant Qualification Selection (CQS)
Name of Project Implementation: Third South West Indian Ocean Fisheries Governance and Shared Growth Project (SWIOFish3)
Project No: P155642
Name of Consulting Assignment: Internal Audit of SeyCCAT
Contract Duration: 3 months
Seychelles’ Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust (SeyCCAT) was established in November 2015 under its own ACT. The governing body is a Board of Directors assisted by the Finance Committee and Grant Committee. The Secretariat under the supervision of a Chief Executive Officer, oversee the day to day operational of the organisation.
The objectives of SeyCCAT is to administer assets received from any sources that will support the long-term management and expansion of the Seychelles system of protected area and other activities which contribute sustainably to the conservation, protection and maintenance of biodiversity and the adaption to the climate change.
The World Bank, one of SeyCCAT’s international partners on the administration of the Blue Bond proceeds has requested for SeyCCAT to undertake an internal audit.
Audit Plan – Scope and Coverage
As an aid to managing the audit function and to set priorities, an audit plan will be prepared and presented to Finance Committee for comment and approval. In formulating the audit plan and annual work program, the Manager, Internal Audit must consult with key audit customers including members of SeyCCAT’s management and members of the Finance Committee.
The audit plan must:
- be sufficiently comprehensive so as to identify the auditable areas and activities;
- take into consideration an assessment of risk associated with auditable areas and activities, the internal control environment, results of previous audit and materiality;
- be prepared having regard to achieving an appropriate balance between regularity and efficiency audits;
- be costed in accordance with any submitted proposal for service.
For this assignment, the Department of the Blue Economy (DBE) is seeking a consultancy firm with the following profile and specific qualifications.
- Audit firm must have at least 10 years’ experience of audit experience;
- Audit firm must have at least 5 years specific experience in internal auditing;
- Firm will provide a list of similar work undertaken in the last 5 years;
- Firm will supply reference recommendation letters from at least 3 clients;
- Experts should possess the following minimum requirement;
- Level II of Association of Chartered Certificate Accountants (ACCA)/Intermediate level of Chartered Accountancy/Managerial Level of Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (CIMA) or degree in accounting, management, economics or finance streams plus three years satisfactory work experience.
- Advance diploma in Auditing/ accounting/finance streams or CIA level II plus seven years of working experience in an audit environment.
The Department of the Blue Economy is now inviting firms to indicate their interest in providing their services. Expressions of Interest (EOI) shall consist of a cover letter, company profile and curriculum vitae. The deadline for submission of EOI is 9th December 2022 at 1530hrs and should be clearly marked using the Subject Line ‘‘Internal Audit of SeyCCAT”. Interested applicants may obtain further details and a full TOR by submitting an email enquiry to email@example.com
The procurement process will be Individual Consultant (IC) and will be conducted according to the World Bank guidelines for selection and employment of consultant, Ed 2011 revised July 2014 and the services contracted through the Department of Blue Economy (SWIOFish3 Coordination on behalf of Government).
World Bank policy requires that consultants provide professional, objective, and impartial advice and at all times hold the client’s interest’s paramount, without any consideration for future work, and that in providing advice they avoid conflicts with other assignments and their own corporate interests. Consultants shall not be hired for any assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other clients, or that may place them in a position of being unable to carry out the assignment in the best interest of the Borrower.
EOIs should be delivered by email to:
Mr. Kenneth Racombo
The Blue Economy Department