- Industry Hotels & Resorts
- Company Phone +248 438 7000
- Contact Person HR Manager
STORY (SEYCHELLES) is looking for suitable qualified and experienced candidate to fill the above post.
Summary of main duties
The purpose of the job of IT Manager will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various technologies managed by the Information Technology department. This person will focus on the administration of the network infrastructure to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, and Office Productivity software applications.
To ensure that all IT systems in the hotel provide as near as possible uninterrupted service to all departments. To provide technical assistance and advice to hotel Management and to assist other departments to get the best out of the hotel’s IT systems.
The IT Manager is a position that encompasses the responsibility for Active Directory, Helpdesk Support and Inventory Management in the Hospitality environment. The main accountabilities are:
- Assists in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, and software applications
- Makes recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement.
- To ensure that any preventive maintenance required by any IT equipment in the hotel is carried out at the correct time
- To ensure that continuous availability of a hierarchy to deal with an emergency in any essential IT system make payment according to the required payments terms.
- To keep the software in the Hotel Management System up to the current release as instructed by the Corporate Office
- To advice the management of the hotel on additional facilities which could be provided by either existing or further IT. systems and technological advances
- To set up emergency procedures to continue the operation of the hotel in the event of a systems failure
- To arrange the distribution of Night Audit and other regularly system produced reports
- To have a complete understanding of the hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health
Reporting to: General Manager
Remuneration: Based on qualification and experience
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in Computer Science or relevant field
- 4+ years’ experience in the IT industry
- Knowledge in IT daily operations in Hospitality environment
- Proficient in Data Centre operation is a plus
How To Apply
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.