- Industry Hotels & Resorts
- Company Phone +248 439 3118
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANIDATES CAN APPLY FOR THIS POST
Assist the Sous Chef to plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Kitchen Department responsible for food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Kitchen’s food production area to ensure that established cultural and core standards are (20%)
- Assist in the planning and development of recipes, and ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and (15%)
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory (15%)
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the (10%)
- Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and (10%)
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between (10%)
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in (10%)
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors (10%) •
- Prepare food items.
- Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas
- Staff facilities that includes internet café, restaurant styled staff dining with wide selection of cuisines
- Uniforms and scheduled transport
- Opportunity for promotion or transfers to other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary stay in more than 100 Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts around the world.
- A summary of duties and salary will be discussed at interview.
Knowledge & Skills
College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
Three to five years previous experience in a culinary/food & beverage line position, or one to two years in a supervisory or assistant manager position.
Skills and Abilities
- Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.
- Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or may apply by email only (indicating the preferred position in subject line) to:
Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.