- Industry Fisheries
- Company Phone 467 0300/467 0301/467 0312
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES CAN APPLY FOR THIS POST
The position of the Legal Officer (LO) is to assist the Legal Adviser (LA) in discharging the duties and responsibilities of the unit and ensure that all internal and external legal concerns of SFA are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide legal advice, support and assistance to SFA on various legal issues relating to its day-to-day operation particularly those relating to the Fisheries Act 2014 and Fisheries Regulations;
- Assist in drafting legislative proposals and amendments and contribute to the introduction of legislations that will help SFA achieve its objectives;
- Assist with education and awareness of relevant fisheries legislations;
- Coordinate communication and working relationships with relevant stakeholders;
- Assist with drafting, reviewing and amending legal documents;
- Conduct research and prepare legal opinions on various legal issues relevant to SFA;
- Liaise with and assist relevant Bodies with cases involving SFA;
- Participate and represent SFA in national, regional and international fora;
- Assist with the formulation of internal policies and procedures;
- Complete other tasks as may reasonably be required.
Reports to – Legal Adviser
Salary range B5-B8 based on experience and qualifications + attractive allowances.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in law (LL.B) with at least 2 years post-qualifying experience
- Knowledge of the Seychelles legal system and procedures particularly contract law and property law
Skills & Competences
- Good drafting skills
- Strong analytical, research and communication skills
- Capable of working independently and under pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible and solution-oriented
- A good team player
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now
Additional information for these posts:
Please send a covering letter (indicate which post that you are applying for) and resume explaining why you would be great for the Job.
Application/Employment forms can be obtained at the Reception at the Seychelles Fishing Authority Head Office, Fishing Port, Victoria, Mahé or email us on the below email address for an electronic version of the application form.
Completed forms must be submitted to:
Chief Executive Officer
Seychelles Fishing Authority
Fishing Port. O Box 449, Victoria, Mahe
Please include along with your applications: references, certificates and copy of National Identity Number.
Alternatively, you can email your documents to the following address:
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.