- Industry Education
- Company Phone +248 432 2337 / 432 5620
- Contact Person Mrs. Jane Loveday / Mrs. Marianna Pouponneau
The Maintenance Officer / Caretaker will provide high quality and professional customer service to the School and is to maintain the School’s buildings and equipment to an agreed standard that provides a safe environment for the school community. This is a semi-skilled to skilled Maintenance Classification. This job reports to the Premises Manager.
- Performing building maintenance programmes, including, but not limited to: Repairing and replacing locks, doors, furniture, light fittings, broken windows, leaking taps, patching holes, touch up painting, removing graffiti, , as it requires attention.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. broken/clogged pipes/drains, gutters, ..) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Assist with School improvements such as building renovations and refurbishment, fencing, paving, establishing gardens,
- Gutters and down-pipes working
- Empty yard bins and pick up external rubbish
- Monthly trimming of grass and
- Assists other personnel (e.g. cleaners) as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work
- Liaise with cleaners and ensure cleaning is carried out to a high
- Removal and relocation of furniture from room to
- Maintains tools and/or equipment (e.g. hand and power tools) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating
- Contribute to a safe and healthy workplace by reporting accidents and hazards, and addressing or escalating
- Demonstrated support of and respect for the School’s vision, values, goals, policies and
- Manage the maintenance of buildings and property to an agreed standard by maintaining equipment and performing or arranging relevant repairs and maintenance as
- Perform duties as directed by the Premises
- Positive contribution to the creation of the school’s reputation as a highly innovative, professional and truly caring educational
- High quality, efficient, warm and friendly response to all public
- Efficient, timely and professional support to student, parents and
- Prompt, accurate and professional response to all maintenance
- Effective, positive and cohesive working relationships with all members of the School community and relevant external
- Provide a secure and safe environment for the school community by being aware of and complying with occupational Health and Safety policies, hazardous substances, environmental, water and noise regulations and to contribute to the ongoing awareness
- Prompt, accurate and professional response to staff, student, parent and external bodies in all
- Job Satisfaction
- 13th Month Salary for Seychellois
Post Graduate from technical school (certificate)
- Experience in building maintenance, cleaning and gardening
- Good practical skills
- Able to communicate in English
- Willing to work odd hours
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or Application letter and CV are to be forwarded to:
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.