- Industry Public-Private Trust
- Company Phone +248 4325806
Terms of Reference for a Short-term Consultancy
In 2018, the SeyCCAT Board approved the Twenty22 Strategy, an internal document that identifies the organisation’s goal, mission, and strategic objectives and which would guide the strategic direction that SeyCCAT would take from 2018 – 2022.
The SeyCCAT is inviting an individual consultant to support a Mid-Term Review (MTR) of the Twenty22 Strategy, to evaluate how the strategy has been operationalized and technically delivered, to identify the results that have achieved to date, and to identify constraints to delivery and their implications, and to make recommendations to strengthen delivery of the strategy.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The MTR will assess progress towards the goal, mission, and strategic objectives of the Twenty22 Strategy in the period from the beginning of 2018 to the end of 2020. It will be focused on answering the following 3 evaluation questions and sub-questions:
Evaluation question 1: How effective has SeyCCAT been in achieving the objectives of the Twenty22 strategy so far?
- What results have been achieved in the period 2018-2020 and to what extent are the stated outputs and outcomes for the Twenty22 strategy on track?
- What factors have affected (positively and negatively) the achievement of strategic objectives?
- Are SeyCCAT projects effective in responding to the needs of stakeholders?
- Are SeyCCAT projects effective in delivering conservation and social outcomes that stakeholders sought to achieve?
- Has SeyCCAT prioritized all strategic areas of work appropriately and in a balanced way during the period under review and has there been any shift in its approach? Should SeyCCAT continue with these strategic focus areas, and is there evidence that any should be re-defined?
- How has a long-term strategic document like the Twenty22 strategy been used during the recent COVID pandemic? Has it proven a document with suitable flexibility or has it hampered the ability of SeyCCAT to respond effectively to emergency events?
Evaluation question 2: How efficient are SeyCCAT’s systems and processes for delivery of the Twenty22 strategy?
- Are the strategies and tools used in project development and implementation relevant to delivery of the project portfolio, and being used efficiently?
- How efficient are the financial management and accountability structures of SeyCCAT in support of delivery of the project portfolio?
- How have the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of SeyCCAT, identified in the Twenty22 strategy played out in respect to strategy delivery?
- Is there a suitable M&E framework in place to support identification of targets and measurement of results?
Evaluation question 3: How coherent has SeyCCAT’s approach to strategy been in the national and international context?
- How have the trends in the external environment, identified in the Twenty22 strategy played out in respect to strategy delivery?
- How does SeyCCAT relate to and coordinate with other institutions involved in similar areas of work? What partnerships have been leveraged in support of the strategic objectives?
- Has there been an overlap or duplication of other similar interventions and what can be learnt from this?
The review will use a mixed-methods approach to gathering data:
- Desk review and content analysis of existing relevant records, reports and data related to the strategy and its delivery from 2018-2020, including project records, and internal operational manuals and
- Key Informant Interview and surveys with a sample of stakeholders including but not limited to: SeyCCAT staff, SeyCCAT Board Members, government partners, partner organisations, grantees, and
- Top-line review of results achieved by projects implemented in the period 2018-2020 and assessment of the evidence base for
- Validation of findings with SeyCCAT
- A concise mid-term review report that includes at a minimum the following sections: a) overview of findings, methodology, clearly laid out responses to each question set out in the TOR, and actionable recommendations to strengthen the technical and operational delivery of the Twenty22 strategy in the remaining
- Powerpoint presentation of the report to SeyCCAT Board, staff and
Submit your proposal for this short-term consultancy by the 16th April 2021 at 17:00 (Seychelles time) to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.