- Industry Catering
- Company Phone +248 438 1770
- Contact Person Human Resource Department
Produce consistent pastry products in line with receipts and standards.
Description of Duties
- Decorate cakes and baked pastries according to requirements.
- Mix ingredients to make icings.
- Cook various types of cuisines and pastries.
- Read pastry order slips or receive verbal instructions as to pastries required by customers and prepare according to instructions and specifications.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Consult with hierarchy to plan menus taking into consideration factors such as rush periods.
- Maintain the required quality of ingredients and measure them for specific recipes.
- Keep the kitchen equipment in good condition at all times and keep it aligned with all audit requirements.
- Thoroughly organize the Pastry Section and keep it clean and tidy at the end of each shift.
- Attractive pay and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Training will be provided where required.
Academic & Trade Qualifications
Diploma in Culinary Art.
10 years’ experience in specialized pastry, in a FMCG environment.
Training Specific to Position
Personal Qualities and Behavioural Attributes
- Can work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Good presentation skills
- Computer literacy in word processing
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Good skills in preparation of baked goods are also important
Hygiene, Quality, Safety & Security Responsibilities
- Respects and enforces the rules of hygiene, quality and safety,
- Implements and monitors corrective actions, preventive and ongoing related to its processes.
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or please forward CV, with copies of certificates/references to:
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Foreign Applicants must state their salary expectations in USD.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.