- Industry Government
- Company Phone +248 429 4700
- Contact Person Human Resource Department
Candidate must be able to bring a systematic and disciplined approach towards the planning and execution of security audits whilst adding value to the strategic improvements of SPA. The role requires thorough knowledge of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code and the SOLAS Amendments 2002.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting initial comprehensive security survey of port facilities taking into account relevant port facilities security assessment;
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of the port facility security plan;
- Implementing and exercising the port facility security plan;
- Undertaking regular security inspections of the port facility to ensure the continuation of appropriate security measures;
- Recommending and incorporating, as appropriate, modifications to the port facility security plan in order to correct deficiencies and to update the plan to take into account of relevant changes to the port facility;
- Enhancing security awareness and vigilance of the port facility personnel;
- Ensuring adequate training has been provided to personnel responsible for the security of the port facility;
- Reporting to the relevant authorities and maintaining records of occurrences which threaten the security of the port facility;
- Co-ordinating implementation of the port facility security plan with appropriate Company and ship security officer(s);
- Co-ordinating with security services, as appropriate;
- Ensuring that standards for personnel responsible for security of the port facility are met;
- Ensuring that security equipment is properly operated, tested, calibrated and maintained;
- Assisting ship security officers in confirming the identity of those seeking to board the ship when required.
Remuneration: Based upon qualification and experience.
Main Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Management with at least 06 years’ experience as a Senior Police Officer or a Security Manager
Please note that it is company policy that all successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test prior to employment.
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or may collect application forms at the Seychelles Ports Authority Main Office, at the Commercial Port or download from the Seychelles Ports Authority website: www.seyport.sc. For more information you may contact our Human Resource Department on 4294700.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.