- Industry Government Organisation
- Company Phone 467 0300
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES CAN APPLY FOR THIS POST
The Seychelles Fishing Authority is looking for responsible, dynamic, reliable, self-motivated individual to join its team of dedicated employees in the above position.
Responsible for overseeing the functioning of the Population Biology and Ecology Unit and in addition responsible for the development and management of fisheries research projects and activities associated with the following research themes, population biology and ecology, population structure and movement, tropic ecology, and health.
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing scientific research programmes based on the following research themes with the aim of improving our understanding on the biology and ecology of fish species, population biology and ecology, population structure and movement, tropic ecology, and health
- Ensuring timely publication of research project progress reports, technical reports, and scientific papers to disseminate research findings at national and international levels
- Evaluating existing fisheries research and development strategies and propose measures to improve efficacy and efficiency
- Initiating and participating in research cruises as appropriate
- Managing scientific research obligations and cooperation with scientific committee and working groups/parties of regional fisheries management organization and bodies
SFA offering attractive and competitive salary related to experience and qualifications
Education (Special Knowledge)/Qualifications
MSC in Marine Biology/Marine science/Marine Ecology or any related field associated with the research themes plus three years relevant work experience
Three years satisfactory work experience as a Senior Fisheries Scientist/Public experience is advantageous/proven experience of successful supervision of staff in a technical environment is advantageous.
How To Apply
The complete job description can be viewed upon request at the HR Department
The Management reserves the right to call the best suitable candidates for the selection exercise.
Deadline for submission of application is 23rd July 2022.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.