- Industry Constitutional
- Company Phone +248 422 5147
Reports to: The Ombudsman
The Principal Investigation Officer will head the Investigations Unit and be responsible for its management and operations in fulfilling the Ombudsman’s constitutional mandate of investigating, reporting and making recommendations on administrative malpractice, fraud and corruption and violations of human rights.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Managing the team dealing with incoming complaints, investigations and enquiries in their work of analysing and assessing information obtained through background searches, fact-finding missions and preliminary and full scale inquiries into complaints;
- Preparing the annual Work Plan and Communication Plan of the Office;
- Researching and drafting legal opinions on legal issues relevant to operations of the Office and/or related to complaints received;
- Preparing any plaints, petitions or references for presentation to the Supreme Court and/or Constitutional court on behalf of the Office where required;
- Drawing up reports, opinions, submissions and recommendations;
- Verifying the implementation and assessing the impact of recommendations and solutions proposed by the Ombudsman and preparing reports thereon;
- Driving and participating in public awareness campaigns and training programmes;
- Representing the Office in international fora.
The remuneration package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Candidates must hold a degree in Law, Political or Administrative Sciences, Public Administration, Education Sciences, or Conflict Resolution; and must possess the following skills:
- A team leader with sound knowledge of legal processes and court procedures; any practical work experience in the legal field will be an asset;
- Knowledge of investigation and evidence gathering techniques;
- Working knowledge of Substantive Law, Seychelles Constitution and legal environment;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Networking and planning skills and results-oriented;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in all three national languages.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or are invited to submit their letter of motivation and CV by Tuesday 31st March 2020 to:
P.O. Box 736
Suite 306 Aarti Chambers
E-mail : [email protected]
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.