- Industry Public-Private Trust
- Company Phone +248 432 5806
The Seychelles Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust (“SeyCCAT”) was legally established via legislation on November 19, 2015.
The objects of the SeyCCAT are to administer the assets of the Trust intended to provide a sustainable flow of funds to support the long-term management and expansion of the Seychelles system of marine protected areas and other activities which contribute substantially to the conservation, protection and maintenance of biodiversity and the adaptation to the climate change as identified through consultations with stakeholders; and perform exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes for the benefit of the public.
- Project management of grants to support the implementation of the marine spatial plan through MPA management planning, fisheries reforms and capacity-building on monitoring and enforcement.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely implementation of project activities and working with the Grants Manager to ensure timely reporting to donors based on their specific requirements.
- Responsible for effective stakeholder engagement and partnership building with the objective of achieving the project goals.
- Responsible for negotiation of contracts between grantees and SeyCCAT.
Required Project Manager Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post Graduate Degree or (BSc Degree with minimum 5 years’ working experience) with significant related working experience in biodiversity Finance or economic, Ocean and Coastal Management/Governance, Environmental, Natural Resources or Marine Ecosystems Management or Environmental Engineering or related.
- Minimum BA or BSc in environment-related studies or other related disciplines field with a minimum of 5 years management experience at a senior level, or an advanced degree with 3 years management experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant environmental issues in Seychelles, good leadership, coordination, communication, and facilitation skills are essential. Good understanding of the Seychelles’ environment/development;
- Experience in working in a donor-funded project environment, preferably with experience in project management, and a willingness to learn management systems.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level involving multi-stakeholder projects and partnership development.
- Must have adequate knowledge of environmental issues in Seychelles. Knowledge of the marine spatial planning is an advantage.
- Extensive experience project management is a necessity with experience in working with budgets and work plans.
- Some experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
Report to: SeyCCAT CEO
How To Apply
Interested candidate should consult the full detailed Terms of Reference, available in electronic form from the e-mail address below, prior to preparing their application.
Upon reviewing the Terms of Reference please send job application to the email ([email protected]) or by post to Seychelles Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust, Room 109, 1st Floor, Oceangate House, Victoria.
Deadline for submission: 4th June, at 5 PM.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.