- Industry Hotels & Resorts
- Company Phone +248 439 3000
- Contact Person Human Resources
- Act as an advisor to management by keeping track of public attitudes and making the General Manager aware of the possible consequences of prospective decisions.
- Develop and execute an annual PR Plan as an integral part of hotel’s marketing plan, based on guidelines given in the corporate PR manual.
- Prepare and obtain approval of PR budget.
- Develop and execute innovative PR and publicity programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the hotel, its restaurants, services and personnel. Programs should address specific needs as outlined in the marketing plan and capitalize on unexpected opportunities as they arise.
- Engages in media relations by actively managing professional relationships with local and regional media that will benefit the hotel and company as a whole. Includes hosting media, assisting with photo shoots and supporting social PR.
- Ensure that all hotel promotions are in keeping with Four Seasons’ image and reflect the highest level of professionalism in content and presentation.
- Produce and distribute media releases, media kits and other PR related material originating from the hotel.
- Maintain photograph and video files on hotel and its personnel.
- Maintain contact with those who will be of benefit to the hotel.
- Maximize opportunities for publicity in all media through careful research and media requirements. Be sensitive to all aspects of the hospitality industry which could be translated into publicity.
- Ensure proper use of corporate identify on printed, promotional and display materials.
- Maintain contact with corporate public relations. Inform corporate PR of planned events and developments that could be of national and international PR value.
- Participate in Planning Committee meetings, when invited, to provide recommendations on matters that could attract public attention.
- Approval of all in-house collateral and external brochure copy, including coordinating Festive, Easter and other additional programme brochures.
- Work with F&B, Pool and Beach and Spa departments to setup internal marketing campaigns.
- Creating and implementing email campaigns, alongside external agencies.
- Is proactive and creative in identifying and developing integrated PR and Social Media programs which capitalize on unique and newsworthy stories as well as leveraging unexpected opportunities as they arise. Leverage social media channels to amplify key messages and activities, elevating the importance of strategic and creative communication
- Understands Hotel’s marketplace; well-informed of market trends, including evaluating competitive PR investment; and implements change as dictated by market requirements.
- Plays a key role in reputation management; acts as a strategic communications advisor to management by keeping track of public attitudes, flagging possible consequences of prospective decisions, developing key messages and managing issues and crisis communications.
- Uses a strategic approach in overseeing the Hotel’s community relations, CSR initiatives, internal communications and other activities specific to the Hotel and its VIP guests.
- Ensures the hotel’s web presence (websites, microsites, tactical landing pages, etc.) is aligned with the Hotel’s positioning and business objectives.
- Actively pitch stories to media as well as Corporate Communication channels (PS Weekly, Four Seasons Magazine print and online, Family Blog, Weddings Blog, Living Values, etc.) and relevant global corporate PR agencies
- Effectively maintain thorough, accurate and quality media contact database, including online publications and resource materials
- Staff facilities that includes internet café, restaurant styled staff dining with wide selection of cuisines
- Uniforms and scheduled transport
- Opportunity for promotion or transfers to other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary stay in more than 90 Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts around the world.
- A summary of duties and salary will be discussed at interview.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Formal training in public relations, a University degree or equivalent experience in public relations or journalism.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- Sound understanding of communications business.
- Proven relationships with media, community and business contacts that have delivered demonstrable results, and the personality to maximize these contacts
- Good personal and business references.
- Knowledge of production methods in graphic arts, printing, film, radio and television.
- The ability to create newsworthy events, develop story ideas and follow through with pitch leads
- Impressive samples of writing, projects, campaigns, etc.
- Able to communicate well with all levels of management, staff, business community, press, VIPs, royalty, etc.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), a strong sense of quality and a creative mind set
- A self-starter that can multi-task and prioritise
- Proficiency in leveraging social media networks and related monitoring tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or send in your most recent resume with your photograph & police clearance certificate via email to:
or mail it to:
Senior Human Resources
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Petite Anse, Baie-Lazare
P.O. Box 1397 Victoria
Only suitable candidates will be called.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.