- Industry Hotels & Resorts
- Company Phone +248 439 3000
- Contact Person People & Culture Department
- The ability to assist in planning and implementing procedures, policies, systems and controls to ensure an efficient operation of the engineering Department.
- The ability to maintain logs on movement and inventory of stock items and tools daily.
- The ability to maintain par stocks, order materials and the distribution of items.
- The ability to maintain office filing system.
- The ability to assist departmental induction for newly joined engineering colleagues.
- The ability to keep record of engineering colleagues’ personal files (Bio data, passport copies, photos, GOP, Ids, telephone numbers, emergency contact name/number) and update regularly.
- The ability to keep track of CAPEX projects, OPEX projects, Contracts.
- The ability to keep records of Villa View program, PRP, pre-arrival check, Daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/half yearly/yearly check lists.
- The ability to assist, when called upon, in the primary research and follow-up necessary on the purchasing.
- The ability to ensure that the work the order/request system is properly executed and those items from the logbook are followed up as necessary.
- The ability to assist in developing and updating comprehensive departmental policies and manuals.
- The ability to assist in compiling a monthly consumption report on heat, light and power to include electricity, gas, steam and water.
- The ability to ensure effective communication and good relations between the Engineering Department and other departments within the resort.
- The ability to use telephone board in a professional manner.
- The ability to understand and learn engineering terminologies.
- The ability to understand level of priorities of internal/external guest request.
- Record keeping of all requests (including time, caller, technician assigned, time completed and status).
- The ability to prepare and follow through on any projects as outlined by senior management.
- Ability to ensure timely completion of all assigned responsibilities.
- Enter all work orders in the correct time and standards.
- The ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner always to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels and encourage staff to do the same.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- The ability to follow proper payroll procedures.
- The ability to answer telephones according to Four Seasons’ standards.
- The ability to assist guests’ and department’s requests for maintenance from the Engineering department and route the appropriate requests to the appropriate person(s)/department(s).
- The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- To assist when required with extended hours to complete works as needed.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Engineering Management staff.
- The ability to reporting any damages observed within the Resort and Residence area, whether it be guestroom, public areas or any employee housing units through the Engineering reporting systems in place. Reporting to be done within one hour of discovery.
- The ability to take comprehensive and full notes from all meetings and type these up in a timely manner
- To ensure that the office and surrounding areas are kept neat and tidy at all times
- To keep a running log of all outstanding work orders and report on a weekly bases the status of the work order log
- To manage and maintain the workshop notice board
- To maintain a log of all engineering staff holidays, annual vacations, public holidays.
- To maintain the Engineering business calendar and advise on upcoming events
- To manage any exterior technical visitations with regards to assisting to create the GOP – transfers – accommodation and correspondence
- To manage the logging in and out of all tools and equipment within the store room and ensure that all items are returned in a correct and operational manner
- To co-ordinate the services of external contractors such as Wastea/Pestea / Star Seychelles and ensure that all reports are collected and logged.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Sr. Director of Engineering, Assistant Director of Engineering, Engineering Managers.
Reports to: Residence Engineering Manager
- Staff facilities that includes internet café, restaurant styled staff dining with wide selection of cuisines
- Uniforms and scheduled transport
- Opportunity for promotion or transfers to other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary stay in more than 100 Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts around the world
- A summary of duties and salary will be discussed at interview.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Experience in similar position.
- High degree of initiative, motivation and excellent organizational skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Must be proficient in computer skills, such as Excel, Word, ability to learn new software programs as trained.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or send in your most recent resume with your photograph & police clearance certificate via email to:
or mail it to:
Senior Human Resources
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Petite Anse, Baie-Lazare
P.O. Box 1397 Victoria
Only suitable candidates will be called.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.