- Industry Hotels & Resorts
- Company Phone +248 439 3000
- Contact Person Human Resources
The Residential Host will operate in the suites and rental residences; and provide the unexpressed needs of every VIP guest.
The Residential Host ensures that guests are delighted and expectations are exceeded, providing personal service in a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance. The guest’s experience, their needs, expectations and desires are met by liaising with other support departments where necessary.
The Residential Host performs all tasks in accordance with the standards established in the Four Seasons Resort Seychelles. This includes, but is not limited to, registration of guests, villa orientation, luggage delivery, personal concierge service, F+B service when needed as well as inspecting each assigned villa cleaned by the attendants prior to guest’s arrival and during to ensure all the guests preferences are met.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Live and promote the Four Seasons philosophy of service excellence.
- Ensure the company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Promote positive work environment.
- Perform duties within 9-12 hours per day and split shifts may occur
- Must be willing to perform any additional tasks /duties as assigned by Four Seasons upper management
- Participate and lead daily briefings and monthly departmental meetings.
- Attend all compulsory trainings and meetings.
- Cross training will occur in other departments to help build knowledge and better the guest experience- Will and can include
- Maintain complete knowledge of :
- Hotel features/services, hours of operations
- Hotel room types, numbers/names, layout, amenities and locations
- Hotel room rates, special packages and promotions
- Daily expected arrivals/departures
- Scheduled daily guest activities,
- Local events, attraction, holiday schedules
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Obtain assigned villa Hosts key and ensure its security – adhering to the correct procedure
- Adhere to Four seasons grooming standard at all time.
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously. Follow up with designated resort personnel to ensure completion of request.
- Relay accurate directions to guests’ desired destination within local area and distribute maps with highlighted routes.
- Coordinate guest requests with concierge according to departmental standards, to include minimum of:
1- Airlines réservations, changes, confirmations & cancellations.
2-Transportation from resort to airport and return
3- Limousine reservations
4- Car rentals
5- Babysitting services
6- Business center services/fax or telex services/mailing and delivery services.
7-Restaurant reservations, activities
8- Dry cleaning, laundry, alterations, repairs
9-Sporting events, golf facilities, sport and athletic activities/rentals, outdoor activities, health club facilities.
- Communicate all guest comments (complaints, preferences, suggestions about facilities offered, needs, etc.) or special occasions (birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, etc.) to relevant people and keep own team updated
- Liaise closely with the concierge to coordinate arrivals and departures.
- Establish an effective guest relation to ensure repeat business.
- Duties WILL include for each new arrival prior, during and after the guest stay : –
- Check System to gain guest details
- Order flowers and arrange Welcome drink for arrival
- Check all electrical equipment is in working condition. Note any repairs needed and follow up through
- Ensure the suite is prepared according to personal preferences of the guest, note any VIP’s, Special Attention guests & rectify any deficiencies.
- Check the suite thoroughly for cleanliness and inspect as per Housekeeping Standards
- Complete Arrival checklist, Mini Bar check lists, kitchen inventory
- Ensure all amenities and magazines in the villa are up to date, adequate and properly placed.
- Perform all tasks as detailed in the standard training manual.
- Be a personal concierge – offering activities / excursions in and out of the resort – link with concierge for all bookings and accompany guest if they prefer
- When seating guests at outlets – check with manager – if outlet – busy – MUST serve your guess following F+B standards
- Daily inspect housekeeping service and set up pool deck
- Prepare breakfast in villa to include the cooking of eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.
- Ensure timely delivery of fruits and other amenities to the suite.
- Create daily mini Wow’s for the guests (i.e. cocktails pool side, whole coconuts on the beach, flower décor on outdoor shower, special customized amenities, etc.).
- After departure, complete all check lists, complete SMYKM guest preference log and ensure kitchen clean and tidy and home is closed down for the housekeeping team to move in.
- Staff facilities that includes internet café, restaurant styled staff dining with wide selection of cuisines
- Uniforms and scheduled transport
- Opportunity for promotion or transfers to other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary stay in more than 90 Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts around the world.
- A summary of duties and salary will be discussed at interview.
- Service oriented with experience in Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Front desk
- Knowledge of computers – Opera system as well as Microsoft
- Possess a good command of English language and the ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate with guests and fellow employees both in person and by telephone.
- Fluency in a foreign language a plus
- Knowledge of local attractions, services and suppliers/vendors
- Certification of previous training in guest relations, liquor, wine, food services and culinary
- Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence
- Be an ambassador of Four Seasons Company at all times, in and outside of the workplace.
- Ability to focus on details and be able to organize, prioritize and follow up. Must be able to take initiative and work productively within any given period of time, unsupervised.
- Must be able to work well under pressure of coordinating several requests at any given time
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to promote positive relations with guests, employees of the resort. Must be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of all guests and general resort information.
- Ability to think clearly and quickly, maintain concentration and make concise decisions.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests and/or situations
- Should be creative, innovative and strive for continuous improvement
- Ability to go the extra mile, to provide extra attention in order to satisfy guests’ individual needs and wishes
- Ability to maintain good coordination while serving food and beverage orders to the guests
- Ability to drive a club car
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or send in your most recent resume with your photograph & police clearance certificate via email to:
or mail it to:
Senior Human Resources
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Petite Anse, Baie-Lazare
P.O. Box 1397 Victoria
Only suitable candidates will be called.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.