- Industry Fisheries
- Company Phone 467 0300
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES CAN APPLY FOR THIS POST
The Seychelles Fishing Authority is looking for responsible, dynamic, reliable, self-motivated individual to join its team of dedicated employees in the above position.
Responsible for providing timely and robust scientific information to improve our understanding on the links between fisheries and the environment. This is achieved through the implementation of applied research activities and projects.
- Assisting with the development, coordinating, and implementing of research programmes based on the following research themes; fisheries oceanography, oceanic modelling and mapping, primary production and algal blooms, to better understand the links between fisheries and the environment
- Designing, coordinating, and supervising marine environmental data collection programmes
- Preparing work plans for specific research activities or projects
- Analyzing oceanographic data linked to fisheries and formulating recommendations
- Preparing Standard Operational Protocols for sampling activities
SFA offering attractive and competitive salary related to experience and qualifications
Education (Special Knowledge)/Qualifications
Master’s degree in Fisheries Science/Quantitative Science or Ecology/Marine science or any related field associated with the research themes plus three years of satisfactory work experience in any research related field/First Degree in Fisheries science/Quantitative Science or Ecology/Marine science or any related field associated with the research themes plus five years satisfactory work experience as a Fisheries Scientist in any research related field.
Driving License Class 2.
How To Apply
The complete job description can be viewed upon request at the HR Department
The Management reserves the right to call the best suitable candidates for the selection exercise.
Deadline for submission of application is 23rd July 2022.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.