- Address Providence, Mahé
- Industry NGOs
- Company Phone 2640464
- Contact Person Sven Biermann
- Seychellois only Yes
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 31 December 2021, extension possible
Location: Providence, Mahé, Seychelles
Job type: Full time (40 hours/week)
Applicability: Seychellois National or Seychelles-based GOP holder
About the FiTI:
The Fisheries Transparency Initiative (FiTI) is a global multi-stakeholder initiative. Its purpose is to increase transparency and participation in fisheries governance for the benefit of a more sustainable management of marine fisheries.
The International Headquarter of the FiTI is based in Providence/Seychelles.
The FiTI is not owned or operated by one organisation nor does it represent the work of a single interest group. Instead, the diversity of different stakeholders is a central feature of how the FiTI works.
More information can be found at: http://www.fiti.global
We are seeking a Senior Public Relations Coordinator for the International Secretariat of the Fisheries Transparency Initiative (FiTI). This position will have daily responsibilities for generating ideas, creating content and providing general support to maintain a robust presence on social media channels and the Internet, while at the same time enhancing the FiTI’s long-term global brand recognition. The Coordinator will report to the Executive Director of the International Secretariat.
- Developing and implementing ad-hoc as well as long-term PR strategies and campaigns
- Peparing press releases, keynote speeches and promotional material
- Maintaining the FiTI’s current website (in English and French), including regular database updates to track country’s performance
- Provide daily maintenance to the FiTI’s social media channels, in particular Twitter
- Conducting regular communication activities, such as newsletter and quarterly policy briefings to a global base of stakeholder contacts
- Editing and updating promotional material and publications (e.g. guidance notes, brochures, videos, etc.)
- Seeking opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and outreach activities
- Addressing inquiries from the media and other parties
- Tracking media coverage and follow industry and public policy trends
- Maintaining the FiTIs global contact database
- Participating in staff meetings and/or related meetings
- Undertaking other related tasks as assigned by the Director of the FiTI International Secretariat
- Graduate degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience working in Public Relations and/or communication, experience working in an international setting a plus
- Experience in managing media relations (online, broadcast and print) and strong network to regional and global media agencies and PR companies
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Proven capacity to draft communication material and concept papers at a high level
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer and internet skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and publishing software (e.g. InDesign); familiarity with WordPress and video/photo editing is a plus
- Displays maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
- Strong motivation and flexibility to work for a young, ambitions international initiative
- Work independently with limited supervision and deliver high quality product
- Fluency, including reading and writing, in English and French required
- Competitive remuneration, based on qualifications and experience
- Be part of a friendly and highly-motivated team willing to make a difference for sustainable fisheries
- Unique occasion to contribute to developing a global, impactful initiative
- Limited travel required
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter (in English) explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the position with details of expected salary and start date by email to [email protected]. Please do not send any reference letters or transcripts.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that we do not sponsor any GOP or relocation to Seychelles.
The deadline for application is 31 March 2020.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we will only be able to contact candidates who are shortlisted for an interview.