- Industry Hotels & Resorts
- Company Phone +248 439 3000
- Contact Person Human Resouces
ONLY SEYCHELLOIS CANDIDATES CAN APPLY FOR THIS POST
- The support the site operations as needed in the position of Shift engineer. Able to answer calls and respond to emergencies as they arise.
- The ability to hire, train, manage, supervise, schedule, motivate, positively discipline and plan the activities of engineering department team members.
- The ability to complete, evaluate and follow-up on employee performance reviews and six month’s progress reports on a timely basis.
- The ability to set up and ensure that effective and concise preventive maintenance schedules are followed.
- The ability to plan and implement procedures, systems and controls to ensure an efficient, timely and pro-active engineering department.
- The ability to establish 5 Year Plan and Department Operating Budget for submission to management covering costs of heat, light & power and maintenance & repairs.
- The ability to communicate maintenance information accurately and effectively to the General Manager, Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms Division Manager and Executive Housekeeper on a daily basis.
- The ability to prepare an annual, itemized, Capital Budget to management, including all changes and replacements of mechanical equipment required by all departments.
- The ability to develop and update comprehensive departmental policies, procedures and manuals.
- The ability to maintain all the fire Life Safety equipment in first class order. Ensure that the fire-life-safety crew has a complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms, and are trained in Emergency First Response to include CPR.
- The ability to set maintenance contracts through to budgeting and ensure satisfactory scope of work is completed.
- The ability to compile a monthly consumption report on heat, light and power to include electricity, gas, steam and water.
- The ability to ensure all engineering team members under the direction of the Chief engineer and ADOE are exposed to hotel internal and external training on an on-going basis.
- The ability to ensure effective inter-departmental communication and good relations between the engineering team members and members of fellow departments within the resort.
- The ability to prepare and follow through on any projects as outlined by General Manager, Resort Manager and/or Director of Engineering, Regional Director of Engineering.
- The ability to ensure all public areas are patrolled daily and all lighting is in good order.
- The ability to ensure all engineering team members are in complete uniform and well groomed.
- The ability to ensure timely completion of all assigned responsibilities.
- The ability to develop and maintain an energy conservation program allowing the hotel to meet its annual budget targets.
- The ability to prepare purchase requisitions and work orders as well as liaise efficiently with the Director of Purchasing on such matters.
- The ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels and encourage staff to do the same.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- The ability to attend and participate in all required meetings.
- The ability to respond immediately in an efficient and calm manner in any hotel emergency or safety situation. Give directives as needed to resolve and report during the situation.
- The ability to respond in the absence of the Director of Engineering as needs arrive.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by General Manager, Resort Manager and/or Director Of Engineering, Regional Director of Engineering.
- Manage the Duty technicians and other specialty technicians with regards to their rosters, works duties and work orders.
- To manage all incoming work orders from other departments with the engineering coordinator and ensure that all work orders are completed correctly and on time and then noted within the system.
- To ensure that all staff has the correct tools and equipment to undertake their works and all is in proper order.
- Staff facilities that includes internet café, restaurant styled staff dining with wide selection of cuisines
- Uniforms and scheduled transport
- Opportunity for promotion or transfers to other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary stay in more than 100 Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts around the world.
- A summary of duties and salary will be discussed at interview.
- Excellent reading writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- High school graduate, two (2) years’ college engineering or equivalent required.
- Must be licensed as an Operations Engineer.
- Must be familiar with and have computer skills, Excel, Word, CMMS & BMS Systems
- Knowledge of blue print drawings for all aspects of mechanical & electrical, HV, MV & LV systems. A good understanding of civil and construct drawings and layouts.
- Management or senior supervisory experience of three years in a similar field
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or send in your most recent resume with your photograph & police clearance certificate via email to:
or mail it to:
Senior Human Resources
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Petite Anse, Baie-Lazare
P.O. Box 1397 Victoria
Only suitable candidates will be called.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.