- Industry Government Organisation
- Company Phone 422 5914
The GOS-UNDP-GEF Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) within the Ministry is implementing an Adaptation Fund project entitled “Expansion and Strengthening of the Protected Area Subsystem of the Outer Islands of Seychelles and its Integration into the Broader Land and Seascape” (OI project). The PCU is currently seeking experienced consultants to carry out the following assignment:
PREPARATION OF DRAFT REGULATIONS AND GAP ANALYSIS FOR THE FOUR PROTECTED TARGET SITES – Alphonse, Desroches, Poivre and Farquhar
Work is expected to commence in March 2020 and be implemented by August 2020
Terms of Reference is available in electronic or paper form from the address below. A full description of duties is provided in the Terms of Reference. These must be consulted before making an application.
General Qualifications/Experience and Skills Required
- Advanced University Degree in Law and Legal Science, or advanced University Degree in Environment fields.
- At least 2 years of experiencein drafting regulations in the Seychelles;
- Familiarity with (environmental) laws and legal frameworks in Seychelles and other countries of the region or other SIDS is an advantage.
- Understanding of environmental and resource management issues in Seychelles is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with experience in moderation and facilitation of stakeholder discussions and reviews.
- Strong writing, presentation and reporting skills
- Fully conversant with relevant computer software applications (i.e. information databases, internet/intranet services and library sources, etc.).
- Knowledge or past experience working on UNDP-GEF and/or AF projects is an advantage
- Fluent written and oral communication in English and Creole; knowledge of French is an advantage.
Applications MUST include: a) Cover letter and technical proposal, with summary of experience, (b) simple work plan or time line, (c) a financial proposal and (d) your Tax Identification number (TIN) from the Seychelles Revenue Commission.
NOTE: applications from women are encouraged
Proposals should be sent to:
GOS-UNDP-GEF Programme Coordination Unit
Le Chantier, Francis Rachel Street, P.O. Box 310, Victoria, Seychelles
Telephone: 4225914 / Fax: 4226064 / E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 25th February 2020
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.