- Industry Catering
- Company Phone +248 438 1770
- Contact Person Human Resource Department
- Manage the quality, quantity and consistency of all food production used for airline catering, F & B outlets and other outside catering establishments.
- Continually review ways of improving operations, generate new ideas and actively promote and implement positive change.
- Insist on, support and promote safe work habits and a safe, productive environment.
Description of Duties
- Personally participate in producing the majority of food items pertaining to the section.
- Take an active role in hands on skill impartation to subordinates.
- Monitor menu and recipe utilization and ensure that cooking is as per the menu specifications, with emphasis being on quality and consistency.
- Plan and allocate work to team members, ensuring on time delivery to internal and external customers whilst maximizing productivity, minimizing wastage and overtime.
- Manage the daily usage of labour, adjusting the daily plan to ensure flights are covered effectively at minimum cost. Manage team members on a daily basis allocating tasks fairly.
- Accurately complete relevant documentation i.e. compliance/substitution/waste/service reports within required timescales.
- Fully manage material and product costs. Maintain housekeeping standards and ensure reduction of waste.
- Identify employee training requirements including mandatory regulatory training and communicating them to the Executive Chef/ Production Manager. Proactively manage team members’ performance
- Identify and manage specific departmental employee issues including but not limited to duty rosters, off days, absenteeism, overtime and any other issues.
- Manage resources to ensure that Company and hygiene audits for all customer targets are achieved whilst operating within productivity targets.
- Correctly complete all documentation including the verification of physical HACCP documentation and conduct regular spot checks.
- Manage daily operations in accordance with company health and safety policies and procedures
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure that representatives from the kitchen participate in menu presentations where necessary.
- Perform any other relevant and reasonable duties as directed.
- Attractive pay and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Training will be provided where required.
- Ability to:
Read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or different airline food regulations.
- Write reports, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members, and employees.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Have a working knowledge of various computer software programs specifically Ms. Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Attitude and Physical Demands
- Interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members of the public to promote team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- The employee is regularly required to talk, hear and listen.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is usually indoors, in a controlled environment, and experiences a moderate noise level in the work environment.
- A smart personal appearance is essential.
Training Specific to Position
- Airline vocabulary
- Flight Schedule
- Airlines Hospital specifications, menus, recipes
- Global organization and operations of the Company
Hygiene, Quality, Safety & Security Responsibilities
- Respect and enforce the rules of hygiene, quality and safety.
- Participate actively in the company’s quality plan.
- Post secondary level of education more particularly in Food Preparation and Kitchen Management.
- City & Guilds Certificate Level 2 in Food Preparation.
- Other similar level qualifications are acceptable.
- About 5 years’ progressive hand on experience as an industrial chef preferably in a large airline catering establishment, FMCG industry establishments catering for over 3,000 meals a day.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and decision making skills.
- Good business and commercial acumen.
- Strong leadership and motivating skills including the ability to build strong relationships with customers and staff
- The ability to think quickly, work in stressful circumstances and stay calm in a crisis
- Financial, budgeting and stock-taking skills
- Knowledge of food, food hygiene (including hazard analysis and critical control points) and food preparation.
Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the production manager, executive chef, all kitchen staff, staff of the sales and marketing, food and beverage and human resource functions, and operational teams. Outside of Skychef, the position coordinates, primarily, with the government, airlines and general public at large.
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or please forward CV, with copies of certificates/references to:
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Foreign Applicants must state their salary expectations in USD.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.