- Industry Hotels & Resorts
- Company Phone +248 439 3000
- Contact Person Human Resources
Job Description Summary
The Spa Director provides cutting edge advice and makes strategic and operational decisions for the department with regards to treatments and philosophies.
- Assists the Department Head in motivating and developing a skilled team, leads by example and instills a culture of continuous learning and improvement among employees; actively participates in Employee Relations activities and programs.
- Is actively involved in identifying and assessing the needs of employees and helps in the career development of every employee through effective coaching, training and by instilling company values; is concerned for employees’ continuous development and personal growth
- Ensures the department is kept in an organized manner in accordance with company philosophy and policies, maximizing efficiency and productivity and achieving established goals; promotes harmony between all departments
- Displays warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests and internal customers; lives the Golden Rule
- Demonstrates standards awareness, by setting example for standards execution, standards testing and implementing action plans to achieve established product and service goals
- Assists the Department Head in preparing annual plans, forecasts and managing expenses to meet departmental budgetary goals
- Represents the Department Head in his/her absence
Departmental – Spa & Health Club
- Effectively integrate the Spa with the Hotel operations wherever possible and in accordance to the direction of Spa trends
- Assist the Director of Spa and the Director of PR in promoting the spa
- Interact with guest, providing full knowledge and assistance for maximum guest usage in a friendly but
- unobtrusive manner
- Introduce new and innovative treatments, products, rituals and facials in order to continually enhance and develop the spa menu
- Assist in any area of the spa as may be required due to operational needs.
Departmental – Ayurveda & Yoga
- Assess guest health need and recommend/prescribe appropriate Spa Treatments.
- Provide inspirational education opportunities for guest by giving private or group consultancy
- Implement a healthy and spiritual lifestyle within the hotel by conducting classes, training sessions and educational programs
Specific Responsibilities & Tasks
- Maintains an organized administration of departmental and personnel records, including roster and leave planning
- Ensures employees adhere to the code of conduct and grooming & hygiene standards as specified in the employee handbook
- Conducts daily briefing and participates enthusiastically in daily management briefings, monthly operations meeting and other meetings/events when invited, such as management cocktail reception.
- Provides regular and fair performance feedback to employees and immediate supervisor, formally and informally as appropriate
- Is seen as a hands-on leader, assists employees in crunch times; Walks the talk
- Proposes personal goals and objectives based on self analysis of strengths and weaknesses; achieves agreed goals
- Exercises effective glitch resolution skills
- Monitors professional product consumption daily and is able to identify excessive consumption and address it accordingly as well as ensure sufficient stock is available as required by the operation.
- Actively participates in the mentoring program when enrolled
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and ensures tools & equipment are well maintained and in sufficient supply and takes appropriate action
- Oversee daily guest reservations, using yield management to maximize departmental profitability
- Schedules projects for staff during low business levels to maximize departmental efficiency
- Performs daily walk through of the Spa to ensure seamless operation and optimal guest experience
- Promotes and ensures a safe working environment
- Conduct monthly retail and professional inventory, producing accurate inventory reports for Finance
- Performs any additional duties as assigned
Departmental – Spa
- Responsible for the administration of goods, requisitions, inventories, storage and cost effective usage of all department related materials and assets, according to standards to ensure for smooth operation.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the all areas in the Spa and coordinate special requirements with Housekeeping, Laundry, and Engineering
- Must be able to utilize all computer systems relevant to the departments.
- Make recommendations regarding the annual operating budget, capital investment budget, operating planning and further periodic evaluations of financial performance, including reports on sales and operations with supporting statistical data
- Be cross-trained in all functions of the spa and assist in times of need
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Staff facilities that includes internet café, restaurant styled staff dining with wide selection of cuisines
- Uniforms and scheduled transport
- Opportunity for promotion or transfers to other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary stay in more than 100 Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts around the world.
- A summary of duties and salary will be discussed at interview.
- Has 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in the Spa & Health Club in a luxury hotel
- Possesses excellent English, math and psychometric abilities
- Creative and innovative in developing new and exciting spa treatments, facials and rituals
- Excellent guest relations, management and upselling skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or send in your most recent resume with your photograph & police clearance certificate via email to:
or mail it to:
Senior Human Resources
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Petite Anse, Baie-Lazare
P.O. Box 1397 Victoria
Only suitable candidates will be called.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.