- Industry Tourism
- Company Phone +248 428 8888
- Contact Person Human Resources Department
Complete all work of the Switchboard duties as well as providing information about the company to callers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all remotes are working properly and report all faults, issues or problems to supervisors.
- Active and Deactive alarms on a daily basis. If there are issues, call Pilgrims who will in turn advise what to do.
- Keep up to date on company operations, products, services and general trade affairs in order to provide information to callers.
- Ensure that equipment and office is in a serviceable, neat and tidy state.
- Liaise with Cable & Wireless on all service issues.
- Update all internal extension lists, speed call lists. Scan the newspapers daily and add new numbers of new businesses on the list. Update all staff mobile contacts and land line if applicable. Share the list internally.
- Analyse calls made in order to establish private calls, issue bill and advise party concerned and forward information to Accounts on a monthly basis. Do Monthly Telephone calls statistics.
- In case of change/delay in flight arrivals/departures advise relevant parties/departments.
- Assist with car hire and excursion bookings after working hours.
- Assist the Reservation Department with preparations of pochettes for arriving guests.
- Ensure sufficient stock of materials for pochettes are available.
- Ensure the smooth operations of the co mail and its correct delivery.
- Ensure that somebody is allocated to collect mail from Front Office and Post Office.
- Sort out all mails from Post Office and Front Office on a daily basis, record all mail and ensure its correct distribution.
- Distribute Newspapers in correct trays daily.
- Do daily report citing all incidents, jobs done and other issues on that. Ensure that all envelopes are signed for.
- Assist with other Administrative Duties as and when required.
Remuneration can be negotiated based upon experience and qualifications.
- ISO Awareness training
- Induction training
- On-the-job training
- Telephone Techniques
- Customer Service Training
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Post secondary level of Education particularly in the field of Tourism
- High level of Computer literacy – WORD/EXCEL
- Fluency in (oral/written) English. Other languages are highly desirable.
At least 2 years work experience preferably in a customer service position or in the field of switchboard operations.
Other Skills and requirements
- Must be able to man an ISDN system.
- Must have a flair for speaking on the telephone and must enjoy speaking with customers/callers.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and very well organized.
- Must have excellent communication skills and good time management.
- Must be able to handle difficult clients/customers over the telephone and must work well under pressure.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should Sign-up or login to apply now or forward your CV with covering letter to:
Human Resources Department, Mason’s Travel (Pty) Ltd, P O Box 459, Revolution Avenue, Victoria, OR by e-mail to: [email protected]
Our Team will respond to shortlisted candidates only.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.