- Industry Tourism
- Company Phone +248 4297 055
- Contact Person Pamela Camille - Human Resource Manager
Responsible for constructing, altering, repairing, or modifying garments for staff based on their specifications, needs, and preferences. They take staff measurements, assist in fabric selection, and arrange fittings to determine whether additional adjustments are needed.
- Discussing design, alteration, or repair requirements with staff to ensure that their specifications are met.
- Taking staff measurements using a tape measure.
- Accurately recording staff measurements, instructions, and preferences. Attaching labels to staff garments to prevent any errors.
- Sew garments, using needles and thread or sewing machines. Sew buttonholes and attach buttons in order to finish garments.
Modifying garments according to management instructions, which includes tapering pant legs, lining sheer garments, removing pockets, and adding padding. Remove stitches from garments to be altered, using rippers or razor blades. Trim excess material, using scissors.
- Altering garments to improve comfort and fit, which includes shortening sleeves or straps, narrowing lapels, as well as taking in or letting out seams.
- Repairing staff garments, which includes patching or sewing tears and holes.
- Press garments, using hand irons
- Any other related duties that may be assigned.
- Post Secondary level of education
- Proven experience working as a Tailor.
- Sound knowledge of fabrics as well as clothing design and construction.
- The ability to use a sewing machine.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Outstanding sewing skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Minimum three years working experience
- Eye for detail
- troubleshooting abilities
- Practical mindset
- Good level of general fitness:
- Dynamic and able to work under pressure
- Good team spirit
51 hours per week. Your normal weekly working hours will be from Monday to Saturday.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Fixed working hour.
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or forward your CV, Certificates and References to:
Human Resource Department
Creole Travel Services
Orion Building, PO Box 611
Victoria, Mahe Seychelles
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.